1.    #1  
    On my Pre, Pre 2, and Pre 3's (granted, all running non-3.x versions of webOS), when I have them muted, alarms from the Clock app still sound (specifically, play the mp3s that I have set for each alarm).

On my Touchpad, however, (now running webOS v3.0.5), when I have the sound muted, and even when I have the Clock app's Preferences' "When Sounds is Muted" setting set to "Play Alarm Sound", the mp3 that I have set for my alarm doesn't happen (i.e., no sound comes out).

The song plays fine when I don't have the sound muted, so it's neither a problem with the file nor a problem with volume.

I've only just tried it last night, after upgrading, so I don't know if this lack of following the Preferences setting is a new-to-version-3.0.5 thing.

I've rebooted, and the problem has not gone away.

Is that just my Touchpad? Is it a problem that has been there all along?

Is there a fix?
    The alarm sound -never- plays on my TouchPad. I just get two dings. No matter what I've set it to do.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I'm glad to see that somebody can corroborate my issue! The problem exists in 3.0.4 as well, I waited until 3.0.5 was released to inspect the bug. The results of my research can be found here:

Official: 3.0.5 Bug & Issue Tracking

I don't know how the webOS/Enyo Audio object works so I've traced this issue as far as I am able. I had hoped to fix it but I don't know how to continue down the rabbit hole.

Hopefully somebody at HP (or somebody who knows more) can take up the mantle from here!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your work!

I hope this gets picked up and fixed...I moved on to iOS for my phone, but I still use my Pre3 for its clock alarms that can play any mp3 (which iOS doesn't do, at least without buying an app that I haven't found/decided upon).

If my TP did what it was supposed to do in this functionality, it could replace my Pre3 in that, and I might not have to carry my iPhone, Pre3, and Touchpad when I travel...

:-P