Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By appsotutely
  1.    #1  
    I have a big 8000x8000 image (that is a map), and I want to zoom on it at any size.
    Unfortunately, the default viewer does not allow me to do that, there is an app for that?
    You can use either of my slideshow apps (Slide RSS or Slide Master) and also install the ImageView Hi-Res Zoom patch to get what you need.
    2xgrandma likes this.
  3.    #3  
    I installed the imageview patch, but it does not work with the stock app - will work with other apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnetic_dud View Post
    I installed the imageview patch, but it does not work with the stock app - will work with other apps?
    The patch will only work with apps that use the Mojo ImageView, which includes my two apps. As far as other apps go, I can't say for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    You can use either of my slideshow apps (Slide RSS or Slide Master) and also install the ImageView Hi-Res Zoom patch to get what you need.
    Hi:

I bought Slide Master a few weeks ago as a replacement for the stock photo app. It seems to work okay but I was hoping it would be a little simpler (maybe more intuitive?) as a photo app. I have a few suggestions or requests I'd like to pass along which would make it even better:

I was wondering if you could implement the ability to click directly into a folder, rather than having to do a long-press and then choose "review photos," followed by yet another long-press to finally see a photo? Maybe the "organization" of photos could be done once inside the folder? Like by using the drop-down in the upper left corner of the app where it says Slide Master?

Once inside the app, it appears that it needs to cache each album, which takes a bit of time for large albums. Is there a start-up feature that could be activated/initiated the first time Slide Master is run, to avoid/bypass this delay? In essence, it runs the first time the app is started (and again only on user desired times, say as an option, like if more photos were added and the folder needs to be re-indexed).

I would also like to see a black or dark background, as I think it would look a bit more polished (rather than the white photo edges on top of a white background). Maybe like the splash screen when you first start the app?

Lastly, the scrolling seems a bit slow, choppy or jagged. Could that be improved? I guess it is just not as smooth as I would like to see.

Anyways, keep up the great work!
    Last edited by NewTouchPadUser; 02/12/2012 at 05:42 PM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Hi:

I bought Slide Master a few weeks ago as a replacement for the stock photo app. I seems to work okay but I was hoping it would be a little simpler (maybe more intuitive?) as a photo app. I have a few suggestions or requests I'd like to pass along which would make it even better:

I was wondering if you could implement the ability to click directly into a folder, rather than having to do a long-press and then choose "review photos," followed by yet another long-press to finally see a photo? Maybe the "organization" of photos could be done once inside the folder? Like by using the drop-down in the upper left corner of the app where it says Slide Master?

Once inside the app, it appears that it needs to cache each album, which takes a bit of time for large albums. Is there a start-up feature that could be activated/initiated the first time Slide Master is run, to avoid/bypass this delay? In essence, it runs the first time the app is started (and again only on user desired times, say as an option, like if more photos were added and the folder needs to be re-indexed).

I would also like to see a black or dark background, as I think it would look a bit more polished (rather than the white photo edges on top of a white background). Maybe like the splash screen when you first start the app?

Lastly, the scrolling seems a bit slow, choppy or jagged. Could that be improved? I guess it is just not as smooth as I would like to see.

Anyways, keep up the great work!
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll take a look and see what can be adjusted.

There is a new preference in the "Update Settings" with options for "Every Startup", "Always Ask", and "Only Manually", which sounds like the option you'd prefer.

If you are looking at just jumping right into a slideshow, you can do that from the main album view by hitting the "play" button at the bottom in the middle. The sequence you described is for users that want to review photos in full-screen mode with the ability to swipe forwards or backwards or zoom in and out, without an automatic timer to advance the pictures.

If you use full-size photos (like straight from a DSLR), or photos that are significantly larger the screensize of the TouchPad, transitions can get lost. CSS is not yet hardware-assisted, and transitions can be intensive work, so for the best performance, you should still resize your images to your preferred orientation of the screen, either 1024x768 or 768x1024.

The dark mode theme is used while in Exhibition mode, but it could probably be made an option for the main app as well.
    Thanks for the feedback. We'll take a look and see what can be adjusted.

There is a new preference in the "Update Settings" with options for "Every Startup", "Always Ask", and "Only Manually", which sounds like the option you'd prefer.

If you are looking at just jumping right into a slideshow, you can do that from the main album view by hitting the "play" button at the bottom in the middle. The sequence you described is for users that want to review photos in full-screen mode with the ability to swipe forwards or backwards or zoom in and out, without an automatic timer to advance the pictures.

If you use full-size photos (like straight from a DSLR), or photos that are significantly larger the screensize of the TouchPad, transitions can get lost. CSS is not yet hardware-assisted, and transitions can be intensive work, so for the best performance, you should still resize your images to your preferred orientation of the screen, either 1024x768 or 768x1024.

The dark mode theme is used while in Exhibition mode, but it could probably be made an option for the main app as well.
    Thanks for the response -- much appreciated!!

Actually, I already have "Only Manually" checked. I was just hoping that it would cache a thumbnail of each image, the very first time the app is run (or at user defined times), rather than having to wait for the album to be scanned each time and then the little boxes/placeholders populated. It makes me feel like I am using an old, under-powered device and that is hardly the case with the TP.

Is there a way to not have album art found when it looks for images? I understand that I can hide an album/folder, it is just that it is a very cumbersome task to hide each folder when you have a large music library. Maybe it could eliminate looking for images in a certain folder/directory if given the option? That would be a GREAT feature!!! (Or maybe the converse, where it looks for images only in certain folders/directories, disregarding everything else?)
    Last edited by NewTouchPadUser; 02/13/2012 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewTouchPadUser View Post
    Thanks for the response -- much appreciated!!

Actually, I already have "Only Manually" checked. I was just hoping that it would cache a thumbnail of each image, the very first time the app is run (or at user defined times), rather than having to wait for the album to be scanned each time and then the little boxes/placeholders populated. It makes me feel like I am using an old, under-powered device and that is hardly the case with the TP.

Is there a way to not have album art found when it looks for images? I understand that I can hide an album/folder, it is just that it is a very cumbersome task to hide each folder when you have a large music library. Maybe it could eliminate looking for images in a certain folder/directory if given the option? That would be a GREAT feature!!! (Or maybe the converse, where it looks for images only in certain folders/directories, disregarding everything else?)
    There's actually no caching and no rescanning for each album. If the photos are fairly large, it simply takes a fair bit of power to miniaturize each photo, and sadly, so far, CSS has not yet been hardware-accelerated by webOS. There's no way to reliably identify album art, so it cannot be programmatically omitted. You can however easily use the "Organize Albums" screen to "Block" whichever albums are related to music and keep them from cluttering up the Main Album view. If you have more music than regular photo albums, then use the "Block All" menu option and then manually switch the photo albums back to show/hide status.
    How do I zoom in Slide Master? The menu doesn't respond and long presses have no effect.

I too am trying to view maps on my touchpad and getting nowhere.

Also, while I'm here, I should say that when I'm viewing the album containing my maps (two 15,000x4000 png files), there are no filenames and the thumbnails are blank, so I can't tell which map is which.

ETA again: further testing shows that it doesn't like png. No thumbnail, no zoom. My maps are readable if I convert them to jpg though, so I'll go with that. Also doesn't even recognize gif files. Neither does the default viewer.
    Last edited by eafalk; 10/15/2012 at 10:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eafalk View Post
    How do I zoom in Slide Master? The menu doesn't respond and long presses have no effect.

I too am trying to view maps on my touchpad and getting nowhere.

Also, while I'm here, I should say that when I'm viewing the album containing my maps (two 15,000x4000 png files), there are no filenames and the thumbnails are blank, so I can't tell which map is which.

ETA again: further testing shows that it doesn't like png. No thumbnail, no zoom. My maps are readable if I convert them to jpg though, so I'll go with that. Also doesn't even recognize gif files. Neither does the default viewer.
    It sounds like you figured out how to zoom:
    1. Start a slideshow
    2. Tap to pause the slideshow
    3. Un-pinch to zoom in tighter

JPG's, PNG's, BMP's, and GIF's are all possible on webOS and can be shown in Slide RSS, but the on device Media Indexer doesn't index GIF's, so local GIF's are never found and effectively unknown to Slide Master. If the Media Indexer were ever to be enhanced, then those new formats would become useable in Slide Master as well. The best support is probably for JPG's, so if you're pushing to the extremes by using an extra large photo, then you probably should stick with JPG.