1.    #1  
    This may be a silly question/suggestion but is there any chance of someone creating a third-party Facebook app since it seems like the current one by HP/Palm is no longer going to supported and updated with Facebook's new features?

We have several excellent Twitter apps such as Carbon and Project Macaw. Is there any way a developer(s) could look into doing a similar one for Facebook? Or are the API's simply not there? I know iOS has several third party Facebook apps that are pretty good such as Friendly and MyPad.

Thanks.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    i think there may be one or two in preware... friendsbook or something...

the mobile fb site works pretty well, since 2.2.4 for me, i get the advanced mobile site, works very well
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Aren't they even more outdated then the HP/palm version?
  4.    #4  
    Yeah it doesn't appear that they have been updated since 2009. :/ Kind of odd there is support for Twitter apps but not Facebook. This is something I'd gladly pay for.
    Devices: Pre3 16GB (AT&T - webOS 2.2.4) | White TouchPad 4G 32GB (AT&T - webOS 3.0.5 + LunaCE)
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    the mobile fb site works pretty well, since 2.2.4 for me, i get the advanced mobile site, works very well
    What is the URL for the advanced mobile site? All I can rech on 2.2.4 is m.facebook.com, which doesn't seem very advanced to me so I'm hoping there's something out there that I'm missing. I love the official FB app for webOS, but am very saddened that it hasn't been updated in ages with any new features or at the very least to keep up with API changes (can anyone say "Anonymous User"?). It was one of the best, if not the best, FB app on any platform not so long ago.
    "Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything."
    ~ Kurt Vonnegut
    Quote Originally Posted by nullity View Post
    What is the URL for the advanced mobile site? All I can rech on 2.2.4 is m.facebook.com, which doesn't seem very advanced to me so I'm hoping there's something out there that I'm missing. I love the official FB app for webOS, but am very saddened that it hasn't been updated in ages with any new features or at the very least to keep up with API changes (can anyone say "Anonymous User"?). It was one of the best, if not the best, FB app on any platform not so long ago.
    x.facebook.com