Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    This is the response I got from Evernote, just wanted to share my experience
    We are currently working on this exclusive issue. Please keep trying and every now and then look if we have sent an application update.

We're sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for letting us know.
    Evernote Support
    Ditto. Got that same response this afternoon.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    So.. did they do something different to their API?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    I feel so relieved to have found this thread. I thought I was alone. I experienced on my Palm Pre what everyone else has experienced, and submitted a ticket, and was told the same as everyone else. Clearly, the more people who submit tickets, the more likely they are to respond. I sure hope this doesn't mean it's the end of the line for the my Pre - for without Evernote I will probably be moving on...
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    I think that I understand what you're hinting, but maybe we should hold off on trying this until things are clearly really desperate.
    Quote Originally Posted by lespedeza View Post
    I don't want to burst any bubbles, but that response sounds like a canned response Evernote gives to users of their apps. It even mentions watching to see if/when Evernote sends an application update! :/

I also got a response from Evernote, but mine sounds more realistic.

Thank you for contacting Evernote Support.

Unfortunately the application you have inquired about is not created by Evernote.

Although you may have found the product in our Trunk, it is produced by another company. We have put a great deal of emphasis on making our API key available to developers around the world. We are delighted with the array of hardware and software that has been developed to work with Evernote. We do expect our partners to provide assistance with their products; however, we can only provide support for the products actually developed by Evernote. It is the responsibility of our partners to make their product work within the confines of our API. Please contact the maker of your product for technical assistance with their product. If you donít get an acceptable response please let us know.

You can locate the support department for E-Notes here:
    PetzApps

We appreciate your understanding,

Ian

Evernote Support
    Not good. Do you have any news for us, petropeter?
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Whatever broke E-Notes, also broke the official Evernote app for webOS smartphones (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.app.evernote). When contacting Evernote, we should be clear that we are also using their official app too, as that will likely get more traction.
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    I think that I understand what you're hinting, but maybe we should hold off on trying this until things are clearly really desperate.
    Not suggesting that everyone should jump on this right now. Merely trying to give the anonymous feedback from Evernote a "face"
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I don't want to burst any bubbles, but that response sounds like a canned response Evernote gives to users of their apps. It even mentions watching to see if/when Evernote sends an application update! :/

I also got a response from Evernote, but mine sounds more realistic.

Not good. Do you have any news for us, petropeter?
    I asked them to look at the issue with Evernote app, I think, they are not understanding the problem, I got below reply from them.

"We did some tests, and our application is still working"

Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post
    I asked them to look at the issue with Evernote app, I think, they are not understanding the problem, I got below reply from them.

I want to go for the paperless office and the number one tool should be Evernote. I downloaded the original app for the Pre 3 and the Touchpad and E-Notes for the Touchpad, only to be confronted with the same issues as above.

I hope it will be solved soon (it's been 6 days now), but for now I'll be saving all my scanned documents in Dropbox. Maybe I'l even stick with that.
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    Evernote was good on my Pre-/Pre2 and I switched from Springpad to Evernote. After I had the possibility to beta test the new unofficial Springpad-App "MeOrg!", I did switch back to Springboard and I am happy with the decision! I use it on my Pre3 and my TP on a daily basis.

MeOrg!: available in app catalog | sven-ziegler.com

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...-ziegler.meorg

http://blog.springpadit.com/2012/03/...-webos-device/

Data migration was fairly easy: New App: Import your notes from Evernote or Google Notebook to Springpad ę Springpad Blog

And "NO" - I am not related to the developer of MeOrg! Just a happy and convinced user of the app.
    Good to know about Meorg!. That looks like what I will go with if Evernote is not back up and running in the next couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post

Has anyone tried this using the emulator instead of an actual device? Since Evernote doesn't actually support webOS anymore I can't help but wonder if they are using the emulator in the SDK to test (maybe they don't have access to actual devices) and maybe it works in that environment, but not on real Pre's and Touchpads??

Just guessing here. The problem seems to be connectivity related.
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Is there anyone out there that actually IS able to access Evernote from either the official app or from E-Notes?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Quote Originally Posted by aodash View Post
    Whatever broke E-Notes, also broke the official Evernote app for webOS smartphones (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...m.app.evernote). When contacting Evernote, we should be clear that we are also using their official app too, as that will likely get more traction.
    If it helps anyone who has yet to submit a trouble ticket, here's what I gave Evernote when I submitted my trouble ticket last Saturday:

"All webOS clients on all devices (TouchPad and phones) have been cut off from Evernote access since the server maintenance action on 3/4. It's been 3 days, and there is still no resolution. Please give some urgency to fixing this problem--an entire user platform has been cut off!"

I'd agree with aodash that it would be a good idea from now on to specifically state that the official Evernote app is broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by robvanvliet View Post
    Not suggesting that everyone should jump on this right now. Merely trying to give the anonymous feedback from Evernote a "face"
    Yeah, I totally get that. If they've not fixed this (or at least given petropeter a reasonable response indicating progress) by this weekend, it may become necessary for us to take that route. I suspect that it would be better to avoid going there, however, if we don't absolutely have to.

I'm choosing to remain hopeful, for now, but Evernote is one of my most important uses for my TouchPad...
    This being such a widespread problem, why haven't we seen this on the front page of webOS Nation?
    lespedeza likes this.
    I submitted a ticket tonight for the Pre app, which keeps saying it's offline. Here's what I said and their reply (which came back quite speedily, I must say!):

Me:
    The Palm Evernote app (the one made by Evernote) continually gives the error message "You are currently offline or do not have any notes that satisfy this search". The notification "Evernote is in offline mode" appears when I start the app, but I have a completely fine internet connection.

"Require Wi-Fi" is set to "off" in the preferences.

I hope this is a fixable problem. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
    Elizabeth Fields

Them:
    We are sorry for this inconvenience, we are currently working on this particular issue. Thank you for letting us know!.

Evernote Support

So that is hopeful, at least.
  19.    #159  
    FINALLY, some good news from dev support team... but looks like they will need one more week for the fix. Hopefully, I don't need to make changes to E-Notes.

"We pinned down the error and it will be fixing in our next release (next Wednesday)."

Regards,
    Petro
    huladaddy and bethel95 like this.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Good news! I have really been missing the ability to use the app.
    Pre 2, TouchPad 32
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast