Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    When I first received the error I decided to delete the ENotes app and redownload it from the HP App catalog but for some reason it was nowhere to be found.
    My message to Evernote support:

Date Created: 4/06/2012 08:33 AM PDT
    Area: Evernote for Palm
    Title: Disconnected
    Details: Since 5 April I have been unable to log in to the Evernote app on my Palm Pre. I noticed you had a massive server upgrade the day prior. So I was wondering, was the disconnect intentional, are you no longer providing service to WebOS devices? Or was it all a horrible mistake? Please let me know so I can inform the WebOS community at large. I have come to rely on Evernote as the one app to unite my Pre, iPad, and netbook.
    Thank-you.

Evernote Support reply:

Unfortunately we are currently unable to provide the results of your internal bug inquiry. We get dozens of bug reports a day, hundreds a week, sometimes many more. Most are minor formatting issues, or ultimately found to be problems on one local computer. Many are the same bug, reported differently.

Bugs are then classified, often times combined with other bugs, as the engineering team works on the problem. Sometimes the bug has different origins and only part of the problem is fixed, and another bug for the remaining problem is then filed. More often we find fixing one bug, fixes others.

The system of bug tracking considering all our products: Mac, PC, iPhone, WM, Android, Palm Pre, Blackberry, iPod, etc... combined with the fact that some are product specific, while others are cross platform, requires a complicated effort just to maintain the status and work progress of the engineers. Creating a system to track who sent in a bug, and what the bugs ultimate classification was, updating and following when and how the bug was addressed, and then send an appropriate response, would be monumental. At this time we have chosen to concentrate our assets on fixing bugs as quickly and effectively as possible.

Evernote Support

Seems like a very non-committed reply. I'm not sure they realize an entire platform has been cut off. At least that's the way I read this forum.
    I went to the Evernote Trunk and followed the link (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...tesenyo&code=P) from ENotes to the HP Web OS Store.

The Web OS Store page has the following message:

"The application is not currently available. Please try again later"
  4.    #124  
    There is some issue from Evernote end, even Evernote App for webOS is also having the same issue.

For the time-being I suspended my app from App Catalog, to stop new users from buying the app.

I will publish the app, once the issue is resolved.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by db4421 View Post
    I went to the Evernote Trunk and followed the link (https://developer.palm.com/appredire...tesenyo&code=P) from ENotes to the HP Web OS Store.

The Web OS Store page has the following message:

"The application is not currently available. Please try again later"
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    I sent a message to Evernote support and got a quick reply that they are "currently figuring out what is going on." Looks like they are aware, I suggested that all of WebOS is probably offline...
    Casio BOSS->Palm Pilot Professional->Palm M500->Treo 600-> Treo 680->Treo Pro (TP) ->HP Veer<->HP TP<->Pre3<>HP TP 4G
    Conn 6H-> Bach 36->Bach 16L (high Bb plays really flat?(fixed thanks to **** Akright))-> New York Bach 6viii
    Scalpel->Scope->Aesop->Hermes->Sidne->Davinci S>Davinci Si
    @Petro: If you think it would help, please let us know how to best register our complaint about this problem with Evernote (i.e., in a way that's most likely to get across to them that all of webOS has been cut off, and that this really matters).

The reason that I'm concerned is that back before you released E Notes, the responses I got from Evernote about updating the webOS client were very dismissive--they considered it a dead platform and not worthy of their time. If that's still their opinion, they may not be responding to our problem with much urgency. Given that it's been 4 days and we're still disconnected, I'd say that a sense of urgency is very much missing.

Also, if you have emails for all those who purchased E Notes, passing on this contact info to all E Notes users may well generate the needed squeaks to get some grease on this wheel.
    @bethel95: It would be great if we could get everyone who is using Evernote on WebOS to follow this link: Evernote support | Evernote and fill out the information under "Submit a Ticket".
    At startup, I can't get past "unable to load offline mode" --- so Evernote is not working on Pre 3 or Touchpad. Submitted a ticket to Evernote a few minutes ago. Can't even find the startup error message in their knowledge base support site.... Frustrating.
  9.    #129  
    Right now, I am directly contacting the developer support team via devsupport@evernote.com... not getting much help in right direction.

Yes, it will be great if everyone contact Evernote regarding the issue, Evernote support | Evernote, unfortunately I don't have the contact e-mail for each user.

-Petro

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    @Petro: If you think it would help, please let us know how to best register our complaint about this problem with Evernote (i.e., in a way that's most likely to get across to them that all of webOS has been cut off, and that this really matters).

The reason that I'm concerned is that back before you released E Notes, the responses I got from Evernote about updating the webOS client were very dismissive--they considered it a dead platform and not worthy of their time. If that's still their opinion, they may not be responding to our problem with much urgency. Given that it's been 4 days and we're still disconnected, I'd say that a sense of urgency is very much missing.

Also, if you have emails for all those who purchased E Notes, passing on this contact info to all E Notes users may well generate the needed squeaks to get some grease on this wheel.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    I've submitted a ticket

Alan
    Just submitted a support ticket for this issue to Evernote including following message:

For the last several days, I have been receiving the error message "Failed to connect to Evernote" when attempting to log into Evernote via the ENotes app on my HP Touchpad tablet. Based on the forums I have read this is appears to be a widespread issue that must be remedied on Evernote's end (see http://bit.ly/HpK43p). Thank you in advance for resolving this issue.

Will post whatever I hear back from Evernote (in the event they are responsive). Very aggravating.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Sent one to Evernote also...

Submitted another one today for my Pre 2.
    Last edited by GiffordT; 04/09/2012 at 10:26 PM.
    I've submitted one too.
    Submitted Ticket to Evernote
    +1 ticket submitted
    I also submitted a ticket. Got a response this morning saying ". . . it appears there is currently a bug causing this."
    Ticket submitted. Respose: "We appreciate you taking the time to send us this error. We have filed an internal bug report with the QA team lead. She will classify and fix the bugs in the order determined by the project Lead.

Unfortunately this is not something I can fix for you at this time."

So, we need to contact this QA team lead, whoever she is..
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Count me in as someone who contacted Evernote support over this. Love the app so I'm really bummed Evernote is having this problem. Thanks developer for keeping us in the loop over this!
    Sprint Prē & Pixi, and HP TouchPad
    Maybe Evernote needs to be reminded that the HP Touchpad is the second most prevalent tablet on the market (ignoring the facts as as to how/why it attained such status in such a short time).
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast