Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
    How does this compare with the patched version of Evernote? What feature differences are there between the two aside from the tablet v. phone layout?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by petropeter View Post
    E Notes is available now in App Catalog... your comments are welcome.

-Petro
    P',

Very nice job. I really like the use of the panes and color scheme.

Cheers,
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    E Notes is available now in App Catalog... your comments are welcome.

-Petro
    Congratulations on the release. I just bought it ($1 is a bargain). I like the whole flow and the green color scheme.

I also have a two questions:
    1. How can I attach pictures/photos to a note?
    2. Do you have plans for adding off-line support? This would be really helpful.

Cheers.
  4.    #24  
    Thanks for the comments.

We can attach pictures / photos using Add by E-mail button, this will send email to your Evernote account, then click on Refresh button under App Menu... new note should show up after sometime depending on number of attachments. Also, refer Help Topics and YouTube video for more details for this...

I know, it's a bit longer way, but works for the attachments.

offline support is a major change, it's still under design phase, I am afraid it will take some time... looking at the possibility of implementing it, it's not finalized yet.

Regards,
    Petro

Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    Congratulations on the release. I just bought it ($1 is a bargain). I like the whole flow and the green color scheme.

I also have a two questions:
    1. How can I attach pictures/photos to a note?
    2. Do you have plans for adding off-line support? This would be really helpful.

Cheers.
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip attaching documents to a via email. You're right it is not highly elegant but it works just fine (tried it).

I hope off-line support can be added some time in the future.

Cheers.
    Great app so far! I think as long as webOS users have wanted a tablet friendly app, the management here should give you front page exposure.

Regarding offline access, it is certainly reasonable to have a "pro" edition with such a feature and other advanced functions. I am certainly willing to pay more for it. In fact I think you have to be a paid member of Evernote to be able to do it with them.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    richardfrank likes this.
    ^^ Agreed. In the Android version, offline mode is only available to pro account users. As one of the many free Evernote users this makes this a non issue for me. Unfortunate, yes, but it seems there may not be an easy workaround.
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Dude, this totally ROCKS... I live in Evernote, count on getting my dollar this afternoon when I get home!

Thanks for putting the time in to develop this, kudos to you!
    -= Gihmley =-

Alas, poor WebOS... we barely knew ye...
    Few things to note:
    - This app requires internet connection for accessing notes. (i.e. works online mode only).
    This is the part I just don't understand. Why does this and a few other apps such as Zinio need to require an Internet connection all the time. It reduces the utility of the app a great deal, specially so in the case of a memo/notes app.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Great job for a 1.0 app! Looks really nice and performs well.

I have a few comments:

1. Could you show tags with nesting like the desktop app and use alpha sorting?
    2. Could you indicated the number of notes currently displayed in the middle pane?
    3. Could you show tags associated with a note under the Created and Modified Dates row?
    4. It seems that there is no way to delete a tag from a note.
    5. I am not able to edit a note that I email to myself.
    6. Are you planning on adding rich text formatting?
    7. When editing a note and scrolling, the display gets a bit messed up.

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to future updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    This is the part I just don't understand. Why does this and a few other apps such as Zinio need to require an Internet connection all the time. It reduces the utility of the app a great deal, specially so in the case of a memo/notes app.
    offline support is a major change, it's still under design phase, I am afraid it will take some time... looking at the possibility of implementing it, it's not finalized yet.

Regards,
    Petro

I'm guessing because that's the way it was written (and from what it sounded like, was no easy task), and like he said, it's going to take a major change in order for it to work offline. Better to have something out now, than wait for the entire project to be finished?

Nice looking app by the way, never used anything similar before, but I might just check it out.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Great start! Two suggestions:

1. There needs to be a way to remove a tag from a note (at least, I can't figure out how to do it).

2. Please add the note URL field that's in both the web app and Windows app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    How does this compare with the patched version of Evernote? What feature differences are there between the two aside from the tablet v. phone layout?
    As a desktop Evernote user, I've always felt that using the webOS app was like looking at the world through a tube--yeah, you can see everything, but just not much at once, with a broader context. All the Evernote patch did was release us from the phone emulator window, so that text was bigger--it didn't really give us the full Evernote experience.

The big advantage of E Notes over the Evernote patch isn't "features," it's usability. This new app uses Enyo interface elements to full effect, even to the point that the experience is even better than the web and Windows apps (IMO). That makes this app a bargain at $1. Once the v1.0 bugs are fixed and a few critical enhancements are made, I think that the dev would be justified in charging much more for it. It's going to be at least as important to me as Glimpse or Advanced Browser.
    rmeigs likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Evernote started out as purely a web app--it was years before they released a desktop app. The challenge was managing sync between the web and multiple desktops asynchronously (since laptop users weren't always connected to the Internet), and that was tough for the Evernote devs who could work right in the source code.

In contrast, what the E Note dev is having to work with is an external API provided by Evernote. He's limited in what he can do to what Evernote allows him to do. It's the difference between being able to freely paint anywhere on a canvas and being restricted to "paint by numbers" (I hope you know what that means!).
    Very great job
    In future, it will be possible to send a note by email?
    Thx
  16.    #36  
    Thanks, will try to include this feature in future release.

-Petro

Quote Originally Posted by Rudy P. View Post
    Very great job
    In future, it will be possible to send a note by email?
    Thx
    thanks for this well made app
    just started playing with it
    so far so good
    Great app thanks!

Do you have any plans for a version that will run on the Pre3? (It is enyo after all...)

Just Type integration would be really cool too.

Thanks again

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    brum likes this.
    I was very pleased to see this today. I use Evernote regularly and it has been difficult not having a good option on the Touchpad. Works very well so far. Great app and well worth the paltry price.
  20.    #40  
    Next update will have these two features.

-Petro

Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    Great start! Two suggestions:

1. There needs to be a way to remove a tag from a note (at least, I can't figure out how to do it).

2. Please add the note URL field that's in both the web app and Windows app.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast