Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Rejoice fellow Astraware lovers! Sudoku is out now. It's missing the music but the game is gorgeous on the Touchpad.

Thank you Astraware!
    Quote Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
    Rejoice fellow Astraware lovers! Sudoku is out now. It's missing the music but the game is gorgeous on the Touchpad.

Thank you Astraware!

A good implementation. Enjoying it.

re the music. I would rather play my own and would almost certainly have any in-game music turned off.

One feature that I would like is to be able to insert 'pencil marks' myself, but have the corresponding ones automatically removed from the row, column and 3x3 when I place a final number.
    Thanks for posting an extra thread. We didn't want to add another of our own, as it might appear we were spamming!

Don't forget to check out the Touchpad Totalizer to see how sales are going and how we're progressing toward the next target!

The TouchPad Totalizer : Astraware

Thank you Astraware!
    Astraware Sudoku is one of our games that's never had music of its own. As some of our team are Sudoku purists, we decided to keep the game simple and let players choose their own music.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Sorry, I missed seeing your other thread.
    I remember now, it was bejeweled that I was thinking of that had the music. I was just mentioning the music because I saw some reviews saying they missed it, personally I like being able to add my own music if I want to.
    Thank you again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    Thanks for posting an extra thread. We didn't want to add another of our own, as it might appear we were spamming!...
    We wouldn't have seen it that way at all. Please feel free to post a thread if/when you release an app! Hopefully we'll see a lot of threads from you! (hint hint) LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    We wouldn't have seen it that way at all. Please feel free to post a thread if/when you release an app! Hopefully we'll see a lot of threads from you! (hint hint) LOL
    Thank you! I can reveal that I have already witnessed Astraware Solitaire running on a Touchpad (albeit with a few glitches), so hopefully more soon!
    Last edited by Astraware; 01/11/2012 at 09:57 AM.
    Enjoying the moment... we gonna see some Astraware games for... PrPrPr?????

I missing Tradewinds...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    I know that Astraware's strength has been in games but if you guys were to develop a decent Art app like Sketchbook or partner with a site like SumoPaint to offer a TouchPad app version of their web app, I and many others would buy it in a heartbeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Enjoying the moment... we gonna see some Astraware games for... PrPrPr?????

I missing Tradewinds...

Best Regards...
    At the moment we're focussing on the Touchpad because there are a lot more owners out there. It would be awesome if we could make apps for every device or variation, but as a small studio, we have to weigh up the cost of additional development time versus the number of potential sales. Unfortunately it seems the number of Pre3 devices is quite small, and at the moment, we don't think there would be enough extra sales from that particular device to warrant the additional development time in integrating another screen resolution into the existing games. If HP were to do a turnabout and come up with more devices of the same type on a wider scale, we'd definitely look at the situation again.
    I know that Astraware's strength has been in games but if you guys were to develop a decent Art app like Sketchbook or partner with a site like SumoPaint to offer a TouchPad app version of their web app, I and many others would buy it in a heartbeat.
    As it's something we've not done previously, I think that you'd have better success targeting a company that has an existing iPad product and persuading them to port across.

Alison
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    A lot of us have tried. It's hard to convince them when they think the market is closed and dead. Thank you for giving it a shot, webOS that is.
    A lot of us have tried. It's hard to convince them when they think the market is closed and dead. Thank you for giving it a shot, webOS that is.
    Thank you from us to everyone who has confirmed what we thought - that the webOS community really do believe in their platform of choice! As long as it's worthwhile, we'll do our best to support it.
    Sudoku has stopped working for me. It will open, but will throw an error message when I try to download a daily puzzle and will close completely when I try to open an included puzzle. I have shut down and restarted with no luck. Any suggestions? I have not yet uninstalled and redownloaded. Should I try that next?
    Thanks for assistance.
    ____
    Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by deberbach View Post
    Sudoku has stopped working for me. It will open, but will throw an error message when I try to download a daily puzzle and will close completely when I try to open an included puzzle. I have shut down and restarted with no luck. Any suggestions? I have not yet uninstalled and redownloaded. Should I try that next?
    Thanks for assistance.
    ____
    Dave
    We had a couple of users report something similar the other day, but only one responded. We got him to try a debug build for us and that seemed to cure the problem. We've got a final build of that with testing now and we'll be submitting to HP tomorrow if all is well.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Uninstalling and redownloading might work to get you back playing in the meantime!

Alison
    Astraware
    Great to hear. Thanks for you quick response. We do appreciate it.
    Dave
    Is there any way to have it work in landscape? Love the game, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by frantid View Post
    Is there any way to have it work in landscape? Love the game, thanks.
    No, the game is designed just to work in portrait right now.
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraware View Post
    No, the game is designed just to work in portrait right now.
    See - it's not just me
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    See - it's not just me
    We hear you!

There need to be a lot more purchases of Astraware Sudoku to justify the additional coding work to add in landscape orientation. So far it's really been outsold by Astraware Mahjong. Hopefully it's something that we can come back to a little later though!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast