1.    #1  
    how come? ...they show in the preware catalog and install fine but then do not rotate nor do they scale to screen so it's like holding a Pre3 (I have one) in my hand from the standpoint of the tiny window but a big touchpad ...what's with that? ...my rotatation is NOT locked ...I already checked...
    examples?

are you talking about apps in emulator or full windows? Sounds like you are talking about emulator, emulator isn't coded to rotate

In the end, has nothing to do with homebrew, apps designed for phones don't always act as expected on TouchPad because they were never designed or updated for tablet optimization.

In general apps designed for a phone won't be designed to rotate. If the app is running in emulator it is because either there is a TP specific version, or as I said above hasn't been updated for TouchPad.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    examples?

are you talking about apps in emulator or full windows? Sounds like you are talking about emulator, emulator isn't coded to rotate

In the end, has nothing to do with homebrew, apps designed for phones don't always act as expected on TouchPad because they were never designed or updated for tablet optimization.

In general apps designed for a phone won't be designed to rotate. If the app is running in emulator it is because either there is a TP specific version, or as I said above hasn't been updated for TouchPad.
    I first noticed this with some games and one annoyance is that internalz does not rotate ...all of this being on the Touchpad itself, not emulator...
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    I first noticed this with some games and one annoyance is that internalz does not rotate ...all of this being on the Touchpad itself, not emulator...
    The emulator is on the touchpad. When an app that was made for the phone runs on the touchpad, it runs in the emulator. Which is why you see a phone on your screen (that's what it is emulating). So until that app is made for the touchpad you have to deal with those limitations..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    The emulator is on the touchpad. When an app that was made for the phone runs on the touchpad, it runs in the emulator. Which is why you see a phone on your screen (that's what it is emulating). So until that app is made for the touchpad you have to deal with those limitations..
    internalz is such a primordial app, is there another option to manipulate files/folders without the desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by patapoof View Post
    internalz is such a primordial app, is there another option to manipulate files/folders without the desktop?
    You should do some searching, I will give a quick overview.

Gemini file manager is made for the TouchPad, haven't used it but have heard it's good (has some features current Internalz doesn't have, lacks some features Internalz does have). I believe there may be one other app that can do some file management as well, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Internalz on the TouchPad is the phone app modified (read: not optomized) for TouchPad use. As I said above, apps made for phones usually not designed to rotate. Jason is currently working on Internalz HD which will be the TouchPad specific version and will be available in the App Cat like Gemini (the extra features not allowed by official app cat apps will be available if you have the homebrew services installed). I do not know if Internalz HD will be designed to rotate (you could ask Jason if you would like).

Just to go beyond that, there are a lot of games made for TouchPad (and phones) that don't rotate to portrait, so this is no different then the games you are talking about not rotating to landscape.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  7.    #7  
    thank you ... Oddly I noted image worker trial had a good internal file mgr...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    You should do some searching, I will give a quick overview.

Gemini file manager is made for the TouchPad, haven't used it but have heard it's good (has some features current Internalz doesn't have, lacks some features Internalz does have). I believe there may be one other app that can do some file management as well, but I can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Internalz on the TouchPad is the phone app modified (read: not optomized) for TouchPad use. As I said above, apps made for phones usually not designed to rotate. Jason is currently working on Internalz HD which will be the TouchPad specific version and will be available in the App Cat like Gemini (the extra features not allowed by official app cat apps will be available if you have the homebrew services installed). I do not know if Internalz HD will be designed to rotate (you could ask Jason if you would like).

Just to go beyond that, there are a lot of games made for TouchPad (and phones) that don't rotate to portrait, so this is no different then the games you are talking about not rotating to landscape.