Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone !

I'm just here to advertise the work of a developer for the TouchPad.
    B0bben (

You can follow his job here : Webos Client? - Plex Forums

William ( Twitter )

EDIT : App Catalog Beta
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Willl0u; 01/21/2012 at 03:59 AM.
    Tib, Semma2 and Vistaus like this.
    Can't wait. I asked the dev a couple of questions via twitter. Looks like it will stream the audio & video from your Plex server, and the Plex server has an on-the-fly transcoder so you can play just about anything.
    Whoa, hey guys!

Thx for advertising plex for webos, i appreciate it!

Work is ongoing at an insane pace now, little polishing and bug-fixing left and this will be hitting AppCatalog.

//b0bben
    RumoredNow likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by PickleFart9 View Post
    ...the Plex server has an on-the-fly transcoder so you can play just about anything.
    Cool, but what kind of hardware or resources does that require? Im imagining quad cores w/ coding support from a discreet GPU but that cant be practical.
    Quote Originally Posted by p41m3r View Post
    Cool, but what kind of hardware or resources does that require? Im imagining quad cores w/ coding support from a discreet GPU but that cant be practical.
    Not that hot hardware actually. There are NASes out there that run plex and transcode just beautifully.

I run an old Mac Mini (2GB RAM & C2D 2ghz) and it can serve up to 3 devices without problems in 720p.

//b0bben
    Bumping as this is awesome! Another big time app coming over. I've seen Plex in action on iOS and it works great when setup correctly. This will save having to transcode files back and forth to watch on TPad.. Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    This app is awesome. Just the thing I was expected to have.
    Really happy of having a Plex Client for my hp touchpad
  8.    #8  
    Last edited by Willl0u; 01/21/2012 at 04:00 AM.
    This app apparently in preware beta feeds now.
    I installed it but touchpad was unable to see mac files over local wifi even though it identified the mac as an online server.

Any ideas why the touchPad was unable to see the mac files using plex?

(roku could see the mac with plex; bhome touchpad could see ps3 server mac files just not play them although it could play the same files over pogoplug )
    bluenote,

I'm in the same situation too, well almost.

I tried everything, but plex app will not see my xp machine, which the plex server software is on.

When this is fixed for usage on a windows pc and not in beta form, I'll give it another go.

But until then, I'll give it a rest. After 2+ hrs trying to get it working, and still no joy.

oh well.
    I swapped my airport express for an airport extreme and plex app then worked over local wifi to see my media.

Bhome does a better job of opening more of my video files because it allows one to use touchplayer rather than the stock video app.

I have not yet gotten plex to work over internet although it says I am connected via myplex. I am using pogoplug as an alternate choice and will report back after I go on the road next week.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    I have no problem getting the Touchpad client app to see the Plex server on my WinXP machine. But I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't support Channels, which is my main interest in Plex.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Semma2 View Post
    I have no problem getting the Touchpad client app to see the Plex server on my WinXP machine. But I'm a bit disappointed that it doesn't support Channels, which is my main interest in Plex.
    Now, the new version of Plex Server supports DLNA.

Bhome is a DLAN client for Webos and it works great with this new version of Plex
    Only one detail, Bhome is able to launch an external player if the video format is not supported (mkvs, and the likes) I am using kalmesoft.

The best part is that Plex server is not making any transcoding (the touchpad is able to manage 1024P mkvs). So less resources consumed in my Mac Mini
    Can the Plex client play video locally on the TouchPad? That's the killer app for me, I use it on My MacBook Aire when I am away from home (i.e., out of range of a network)? I gather it would require a local Plex server.
    has anyone bought the app cat version and if so, are there channels?
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    has anyone bought the app cat version and if so, are there channels?
    Hi,

Channels are not supported in this first version. I have plans to implement those in next major update.

//b0bben, plex for webos developer
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Another vote for channels. That's the missing feature I would use most. It's missing on my Samsung TV Plex client too.
    Sounds like you are doing great work, b0bben.

I don't have a TP, but I use Plex Media Server on my PC to open up streaming on my Roku.

Any chance you will be developing a MyPlex - "Plex It" enabler for webOS 2.x phone users?
    Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Looks great. However I still have to wait for the Synology ARM version of Plex server before I this app is of any use
    Plex app on my touchpad does not see any content from my plex server.
    Server itself is picked up automatically in preferences.
    The same server works on with android client.
    Any ideas.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast