Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I finally took the plunge (the boss - my wife - gave the green light) - basically it is my Christmas present - just late) and purchased a relatively used 32g Touchpad for $230. After using a PixiPlus for a few weeks this summer I fell in love with WebOS. A nice side feature is - the previous owner loaded CyanogenMod that loads up Android 2.37 (Kernel version: 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin erik@myhost#37; Mod version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-xronified-alpha3; Build number: GRJ22), and he loaded up ClockworkingMod - which I need to learn about. Presently in Android I have 681 MB/854 MB in Mem info (avail/total).

Anyway, here my question - does anyone know of an app that I can access files off my network in WebOS like I do with ES File Explorer with Android?

So far I'm very impressed with the speed of the Touchpad with WebOS and Android. I feel like I got a pretty good tablet for a decent price (although I saw on Craig's list this morning one for $200 - but it doesn't have Android installed - for me it is worth the extra to have android already installed).
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g
    There's Splashtop that will connect to your PC and do a virtual desktop so you should be able to access files that way, but as far as just a simple file browser that connects to network drives I'm not really sure to be honest.

For File management on Web OS I use Internalz Pro but that requires Preware to install and I'm not even sure if it can connect to network drives.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    just got it and it plays mp4's over the network fine accessing my tower - my laptop produces a hissing on the audio - but overall it does what I need it to do. Thanks!
    Palms: III, IIIx, IIIxe, Tunsgen E, TX, Centro -> Samsung Epic 4G (wanted a Pre3) & HP Touchpad 32g