Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  • 1 Post By johnsonx42
  1.    #1  
    Just so everyone knows, Wild'n Video Poker has received a massive update recently. There will now be two editions in the App Catalog -- just like there always has been -- but now they will be more distinct. One version is the Mojo version, the version that appears in the phone app catalog. This version has multiple cards for Villo, along with notifications and vertical chat and leaderboards.

The other version, the earlier "HD" version, now named v1.7.5, has been re-written from the ground up. It no longer runs with Mojo in the background, and therefore requires the latest 'Bing Maps' to run. The rewrite mainly features massive performance improvements, as well as a brand new card face. Other improvements include enhanced support for multiple resolutions (re: any resolution), any aspect ratio, which makes it by default compatible with all current as well as any future webOS devices.

Here is a screenshot of the updated graphics running on a Pre 3:

Lastly, here is a promo code for a bunch of copies. Thanks, webOS Nation -- this would never have been a multi-platform game without you.

Promo

Twitter

Facebook
    Last edited by fxspec06; 01/06/2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

thanks fxspec06, downloading now.

By the way, do you notice any problem with your screenshot there? I'd hate to try to present that as a straight flush in a real poker game... just how many 8H's does that deck have?

edit: oh, I see the 8's are wild, but still... two 8 of hearts?
    fxspec06 likes this.
  3.    #3  
    btw er that screenshot is a hard coded generated one..... i enter the cards and load up the game... that 2nd 8 is supposed to be a 6. because i had got a straight flush on my own on the touchpad, and yeah......

the game doesn't do that rofl

"man, you can't even cheat properly ;P"

EDIT: i mean --- WHAT YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? I don't see two 8's there. =P
    Last edited by fxspec06; 01/06/2012 at 12:24 PM.
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

I like this version a lot more than the earlier one I tried. It's much more responsive - I had a very hard time before getting to the next hand. A positive app catalog review will be forthcoming.

Oh, you might want to update the payout table a little to make it clear that the left column is natural hands, while the right column is wild hands. It took me a couple of looks before I understood why there were two different payouts for some hands.
    fxspec06 likes this.
    lol, I see you fixed your screenshot. Just curious then, if that happened in an actual game exactly as shown would the game pay that as a wild straight flush, or natural? It should be paid as natural of course.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    I like this version a lot more than the earlier one I tried. It's much more responsive - I had a very hard time before getting to the next hand. A positive app catalog review will be forthcoming.

Oh, you might want to update the payout table a little to make it clear that the left column is natural hands, while the right column is wild hands. It took me a couple of looks before I understood why there were two different payouts for some hands.
    Awesome! I changed a lot of the event listeners so it should naturally be more responsive, but it's always good to hear positive results.

The payouts screen probably should have received that treatment a long time ago -- I'll be sure to update it before school starts again in a couple weeks.

Thanks again!

7.    #7  
    lol, I see you fixed your screenshot. Just curious then, if that happened in an actual game exactly as shown would the game pay that as a wild straight flush, or natural? It should be paid as natural of course.
    If that happened in the game, there would be no 2nd 8 of hearts... so it would be an 8 of spades, clubs, or diamonds. Since the 8 is wild, it would still be a straight flush.. just a wild straight flush.

I really want to highlight the winners, too.. i.e. blue highlight for natural and green for wildcard. That would be awesome. Maybe that will be my next project (since it's (finally) on Android and iOS) =P

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    If that happened in the game, there would be no 2nd 8 of hearts... so it would be an 8 of spades, clubs, or diamonds. Since the 8 is wild, it would still be a straight flush.. just a wild straight flush.
    No, I mean as pictured in the new screenshot - it's a natural straight flush, but happens to also contain a wild card that isn't being used as wild. I guess what I'm asking is do you have a check in your code that evaluates the hands both naturally and with wilds, and pays whichever is higher?

Another example scenrario would be A-A-A-A-Wild; will the game realize that's a natural 4 of a kind and pay 150, or pay just 50 for the wild 5 of a kind?

Likewise K-Q-J-10-9 of hearts where the 9 is also wild - that can be a wild royal flush, but it pays better as a natural straight flush.

As soon as you add wildcards AND have lower payouts for wild hands, you have to have a check like this. Alternately you could make it a rule that wild cards are ALWAYS wild and have no natural value, but that has to be made clear to the player. (but the players will be happier with the former solution... the latter will just seem like a cop-out)
  9.    #9  
    The game evaluates every single possible winner and only assigns that as "the winner" if the payout is higher than the 'current' payout .. so to answer your question in simple man's terms.........

Yes. The game recognizes the natural four of a kind over the five of a kind. =)

In the scenario above where there's two 8's .. it's not a natural straight flush because it's not 5 in a row in order, that's what was confusing me.

If the K-Q-J-10-A hearts with the 10 wild, that will pay as natural royal flush, NOT the wild royal flush. But .. if the 10 is a spade, then it pays as a wild royal flush.

I dislike the idea that wild cards are ALWAYS wild, although it WOULD make the game a lot more interesting. Maybe it would even out the payouts a bit =P (even though it is still hard to level up after 22 or so).

yes, I just had a scenario that confirmed it... Had a small straight that happened to include a wild, and the game paid 20 for the natural.

thanks again fxspec, and thanks also for making the same game run on both touchpad and Pre3.
  11.    #11  
    yes, I just had a scenario that confirmed it... Had a small straight that happened to include a wild, and the game paid 20 for the natural.

thanks again fxspec, and thanks also for making the same game run on both touchpad and Pre3.
    no problem! glad you like it, my fav game

I've played 3 times so far on my Pre3, and all 3 times have ended with a Luna restart after about 10 minutes. I don't recall that ever happening before.
  13.    #13  
    is it a verizon pre3 or at&t one? unfortunately, I do not have a pre3 to test with (they are pretty rare).

I have not heard of this happening yet on any device, including pre3's so I am not sure why you could be having a problem
    AT&T.

The sound also quits after a couple of hands, and it gets progressively slower. It feels like a memory leak of some sort.
  15.    #15  
    AT&T.

The sound also quits after a couple of hands, and it gets progressively slower. It feels like a memory leak of some sort.
    There probably is. Like I said, it's a complete rewrite, I need to look over the code some more =|

I also need to revamp the HTML5 audio. It's such a pain, I got to say. What works on the 'pad doesn't work well on the phones and vice versa

*sigh*

well for now I will happily enjoy it on the TouchPad. Thanks for your efforts.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    ... and don't forget there are iOS and Andriod versions too!

Go nowhere without Wild'n - you have no excuse!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    hello,

thanks for the game! quite entertaining premise and time drain. i must concur with the earlier comment about the lack of sound and the restarts. this was on a touchpad. just thought i'd let you know.