Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    OK, Evernote fans here it is!

Evernote is now fully TouchPad friendly. It's full screen (either orientation) and has the "back gesture" included into the "App Menu" pulldown. That's the menu in the upper left of the screen that says "Evernote".

Attached (below) you will find the patch. Again, it had to be made into an IPK due to a file in the Evernote package that the normal patch installers would croak on.

[note]To install: Do not download it from the link, Email it to yourself using the "Email Attachment" link. Then change the file extension from "txt" to "ipk" and install via WOSQI, Internalz Pro or Preware.

To uninstall: Uninstall all of Evernote, re-download Evernote from the catalog and re-sign in. Nothing in your account is impacted.
    [/note]

I hope you all enjoy the patch. Donations are welcomed....

Cheers,
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by twack; 01/05/2012 at 05:14 PM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Thank's a lot! Works great!

It would be nice if there was a way to popup the virtual keyboard so we can search notes by typing (like on the Pre).
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I am thinking that the patch installs are going better this time since I am not hearing much back.

Thats a good thing
    TWack

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Mine installed perfectly.
    Will try and install in the morning.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Do I need to uninstall the previous patch?
    Working great! I had the old patch installed, uninstalled Evernote, reinstalled and installed the new IPK version of the patch. Works right away as intended. Great work.

Next target? Yelp? That's one that comes to mind that could be useful. Gonna pick up FlashFile Launcher (now in app catalog) and MyLo for my phone now I think
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    omg - THANK YOU twack! I'm new to all of this and so glad i found this forum - it's awesome!

I have a silly question tho - why can't I search for a note? I've been reading all the posts, but no one ever complains about not being able to search - is that a limitation of EN on webOS? Or am I missing something really simple? When I click on the lower left search magnifier - I get Recent and Local - but no keyboard to actually search for a note?

Thanks again and I will def be donating next week when some sales come in!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ktastic View Post
    omg - THANK YOU twack! I'm new to all of this and so glad i found this forum - it's awesome!

I have a silly question tho - why can't I search for a note? I've been reading all the posts, but no one ever complains about not being able to search - is that a limitation of EN on webOS? Or am I missing something really simple? When I click on the lower left search magnifier - I get Recent and Local - but no keyboard to actually search for a note?

Thanks again and I will def be donating next week when some sales come in!
    That was brought to my attention this morning. I have a keyboard so it did not show up to me during the making of the patch. I'll be looking into upgrading this patch to always launch the virtual keyboard on the search pane. This issue is present on the WFD patch I am working on too.

I'll post in the appropriate thread of my headway.

Cheers,
    TWack

Wow - thanks for your quick response twack! Look forward to anything you can do about that.

Hey - another question - last night I was looking at your mylo app - very cool

but I have some sort of problem with Location Services or something? It always shows my location in Mesa, AZ (I'm in FL), and it's really a bummer, as I can't find a fix for it anywhere? About 90% of the apps that use location are unusable to me, because I can't change my location (who controls that - Google, Bing?)

So in Mylo, is there any way to input a location other than where the TP says I'm at?
    works very nice! I wonder if evernote could just update their app!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Wow - thanks for your quick response twack! Look forward to anything you can do about that.

but I have some sort of problem with Location Services or something? It always shows my location in Mesa, AZ (I'm in FL), and it's really a bummer, as I can't find a fix for it anywhere? About 90% of the apps that use location are unusable to me, because I can't change my location (who controls that - Google, Bing?)

So in Mylo, is there any way to input a location other than where the TP says I'm at?
    What are you running MyLo on?
    TWack

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    What are you running MyLo on?
    the TP. I guess that's not meant for a TP, eh? But I was thinking of getting one of those BT GPS thingies too. That would take care of my location problem, no?
    I couldn't get this patch to work. It's been a while since I've played with webOS so I might have been confused. But I sent myself the file in an email. It couldn't figure out how to rename it in Internalz Pro so I plugged the TouchPad into my PC, mounted it as a removable drive, and renamed the file with an .ipk extension. Then I reopened Internalz Pro. Tapping on Open caused Preware to take over and it just stayed there on the installation screen with the big swirl and swirling without ever finishing the install. Opening Evernote, I was greeted with the normal Mojo phone emulator even after restarting Luna. I was unable to install the patch with WOSQI because it couldn't see a webOS device and reinstalling the Novacom drivers failed.

So what did I do wrong? I'd really like to try this patch because I like Evernote and hate having yo use it in the emulator.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

Ktastic,

The TouchPad does not have a GPS (unless it is 4G or Go) so it tries to use WiFi services to locate itself. Depending on your Internet service provider and WiFi router, you will get different answers for location given to your TouchPad. You probably have an internet services provider that does not put actual locations of the equipment it uses at your house when they provisioned your modem. Their home office is probably in Mesa or something. Or they serve your IP address from there.

Anyway, MyLo can only report what the device tells it. The device can only report what the WiFi service tells it.

Do you have a webOS phone? It will work great on that device.

Sorry for the not so great news.
    TWack

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    the TP. I guess that's not meant for a TP, eh? But I was thinking of getting one of those BT GPS thingies too. That would take care of my location problem, no?
    Not all BT Thingies (LOL) work with the TP well. There were quite a few posts a while back on the topic, but have been pretty quiet lately. Do a google search for "TouchPad BT THingy" hehe. They're pretty cheap from what I understand.

Good luck,
    TWack

ktastic likes this.
    as evernote runs in mojo on tp, would this patch have any negative effects if run on pre3?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jetz View Post
    as evernote runs in mojo on tp, would this patch have any negative effects if run on pre3?
    Why would you?
    TWack

Thanks for doing this! But I'm having trouble installing the patch. I emailed the .txt file to my gmail account using the link, downloaded the attachment to my iMac, and changed the extension to .ipk. I put the Touchpad in Developer mode. WOSQI sees the file, but it's grayed out and won't show up in the list of files to install if I click on it. How can I get around this?
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    I couldn't get this patch to work. It's been a while since I've played with webOS so I might have been confused. But I sent myself the file in an email. It couldn't figure out how to rename it in Internalz Pro so I plugged the TouchPad into my PC, mounted it as a removable drive, and renamed the file with an .ipk extension. Then I reopened Internalz Pro. Tapping on Open caused Preware to take over and it just stayed there on the installation screen with the big swirl and swirling without ever finishing the install. Opening Evernote, I was greeted with the normal Mojo phone emulator even after restarting Luna. I was unable to install the patch with WOSQI because it couldn't see a webOS device and reinstalling the Novacom drivers failed.

So what did I do wrong? I'd really like to try this patch because I like Evernote and hate having yo use it in the emulator.
    Did you remember to switch on Developer mode before starting WOSQI? I spent an hour today before I remembered that little detail .
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast