Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I have never even heard of Evernote before this post but my friend uses it all the time on her iphone/ipad so I figure I would try it. Took me a few attempts to install it but finally figured it out. I'm still new with this.

Install Evernote from the Apps catalog (make sure you see all apps, not just TouchPad). Install the patch as described. At first I was also seeing the halfmoon but this happens if you install the patch without installing Evernote.

Thanks Twack for your work. Now I need to figure out the how to use this app.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthRepublican View Post
    I couldn't get this patch to work. It's been a while since I've played with webOS so I might have been confused. But I sent myself the file in an email. It couldn't figure out how to rename it in Internalz Pro so I plugged the TouchPad into my PC, mounted it as a removable drive, and renamed the file with an .ipk extension. Then I reopened Internalz Pro. Tapping on Open caused Preware to take over and it just stayed there on the installation screen with the big swirl and swirling without ever finishing the install. Opening Evernote, I was greeted with the normal Mojo phone emulator even after restarting Luna. I was unable to install the patch with WOSQI because it couldn't see a webOS device and reinstalling the Novacom drivers failed.

So what did I do wrong? I'd really like to try this patch because I like Evernote and hate having yo use it in the emulator.
    That swirl screen happened to me... I used interals pro though... i believe you just click and hold to edit the name. I used preware to install. But it was still stalling. What I did was turn off (shutdown) and then let it restart... the first thing i did was install patch after restart and it worked. If it doesn't work let me know. Prior to shutdown i did delete both programs and installed evernote before shutdown... but may not be necessary
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangten10 View Post
    I have never even heard of Evernote before this post but my friend uses it all the time on her iphone/ipad so I figure I would try it. Took me a few attempts to install it but finally figured it out. I'm still new with this.

Install Evernote from the Apps catalog (make sure you see all apps, not just TouchPad). Install the patch as described. At first I was also seeing the halfmoon but this happens if you install the patch without installing Evernote.

Thanks Twack for your work. Now I need to figure out the how to use this app.
    yeh its not "great" as the other supported apps like iphone or droid... but it works.
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    I emailed to myself, saved on the touchpad. Used Internalz (clicked info to rename) then preware to browse to the file and install
    That worked! Thanks --
    argh... why won't this e-mail to myself?
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    thanks for the patch. No problem at all with the install. It runs pretty smooth.
    Great! This is very appreciated, thank you very much!
    Thank you so so much for this patch. I was in such despair, thinking I would give up touchpad and get an iPad just because of the lack of my productivity apps that I am used from my iPhone.

When I was reading how to install the patch, I was thinking "oh oooh", because I don't install patches too often. It turned out to be really simple. This is what I did (for people like me):

* I emailed it to myself and on the computer renamed the extension from .txt to .ipk and then emailed to my gmail account

* Got into developer mode on Touchpad (had to google it, because I forgot): wrote 20090606 in the search line, then turned on developer mode

* Opened that email on my TouchPad

* Like somebody said they got some spinning thing and nothing happened, because they didn't have Evernote installed, I installed the Evernote app first

* Clicked on that attached .ipk file and boom, it just did everything on its own: it opened in Preware, asked if I want to install, I said yes, and it was it.

* turned off the developer mode and voila, Evernote works great.

Thanks again for the patch!!!
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Nice it worked like a bloody charm... lol
    Couldn't wait. Just went ahead and installed the patch. Followed you're instructions; Experience is easy and perfect.

Many many, and many more thanks.
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Gone to digital heaven:
    ..Palm Pilot M100
    ..HandSpring Visor
    ..Kyocera 6035
    ..Treo 600/755
    ..Centro
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Thank you!! easy install, works great.

I don't really edit evernote apps on the touchpad (as the android and pc apps are way more comprehensive), but this makes searching for notes, and viewing them enjoyable on the TP!
    Thank you very much :-D
    It's a great patch. Awesome ;-)
    Thanks! I've been eagerly awaiting something like this. I use Evernote on several other devices everyday.
    Thanks for all the work, but it looks like we are getting an official app

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...d-its-way.html

considering that the version in your link will only work in online mode, I'll still be very happy with this patch: offline mode for a wifi-only touchpad is very usefull.
    Installed using the email attachment method--smooth as silk.
    Besides the "back" menu item, has anything changed since the alpha patch?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post

Evernote is creating an official TouchPad version of the app?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Quote Originally Posted by threestain View Post
    argh... why won't this e-mail to myself?
    The email link uses the email address associated with your forum account. If you've not logged in, I'm not sure it will work. If your email address changed and you didn't update your account info, that would also be a problem.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast