Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By DataJog
  • 3 Post By DataJog
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Do you need to send a URL or contact to your TouchPad or other webOS device? How about sending once to multiple devices? Or send text from webOS to the desktop?

Send2webOS.com has got you covered. Securely send links, text, calendar events, text contacts, even dial your paired phone all from your desktop device OR any other mobile device!

Send to your webOS device from an iPad, iPod, Android/WP7/iPhone, Kindle Fire, Android tablet - pretty much anything with a web browser.

There are extensions for Chrome and FireFox too.

You can also send text from your webOS device to the desktop.

Give it at try today - Send2webOS.com

Thank-you for supporting webOS!
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

123 Trace - ** NEW APP ** Teaches kids the 123's
    ABC Trace - Teaches kids the ABC's
    datajogs pretty handy, but its not far off neato, ill be massivly more impressed once proper touch to share replacement is available 1 day, ie: webOS to webOS sharing/transmissions, rather than just webOS to Other Device or Other Device to webOS.

also the dashboard icon for its too giant and distracting, on touchpad its ok as it integrates into the topbar, on the phones tho it adds a giant icon far bottom, eats 2 much screenspace and looks out of place, can it be added to dashboard with a invisible/non existant icon?.

still its pretty good.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Thanks for the ideas.

On phones, there is a compact view that minimizes the icon sizes. We're changing the dashboard notifications to improve just what you were commenting on.

Now that TTS is released to v2.0 devices, that will be added too.
    DataJog - Ingeniously Moving Data From Your Desktop to ANY webOS or Android Device

geekpeter and Rnp like this.
    i do like it a lot tho, if you can ever get the webos devices to send to each other ittl be awesome, who knows once the source for webOS is fully out there you could possibly pimp this system up to replace or enhance (probably replace tbh) the touch to share/synergy portion of webOS as yours is vastly superior and far more useful.

Esp when it goes as far as supporting integration into many more apps than just stock ones.

was thinking when looking at the pairing code and password, do you have access to any useable parts of our webOS/device account information if only email? device ID's? something that could be used and recognised to automatically populate the pairing code and password?

leaving manual entry for say friends and the automatic for our own devices?.

just thought of that when i was looking in Impostah as it shows in "palm profile" and "Account Info" our email/alias details, i thought that alone could substitute as a default pairing code, and say our first/last name of the UniqueID as our password or some similar variant.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 01/01/2012 at 12:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    Yes good idea - The device id is unique and available. Email would be even better, but not sure that is available through regular API - need to check on that.

We're adding cross-app launch soon (NotesHD, Pack'N'Track, to name a few) and adding an API for all developers.

Thanks for the review

Rnp, geekpeter and noseph like this.
    I don't always use DataJog, but when I do, it works great.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: