Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Evernote Fans,

UPDATED: This patch attachment removed due to final is released.
    See: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3278001

This is an ALPHA version with just some of the functionality it needs. To be honest the only thing left is adding "back" functionality. It does everything else that I can see.

I have been using it everyday for the last week and I am loving it! To work around the missing back gesture, just swipe up from the lower bezel. If the current card is one of multiple you can just close it by swiping it the rest of the way off the screen leaving the main card. In some views you only have one card. An example is "appmenu > preferences". So if you wanted to set your preferences, you would go into the card, set the option you want and then exit Evernote. Then you just need to restart Evernote. All settings will have been saved and you should be back at the home screen.

Attached (below) you will find the patch. It had to be made into an IPK due to a file in the Evernote package that the normal patch installers would croak on.

[note]To install: Download or email it to yourself, change the file extension from "txt" to "ipk" and install via WOSQI, Internalz Pro or Preware.

To uninstall: Uninstall all of Evernote, re-download from the catalog and re-sign in. Nothing in your account is impacted.
    [/note]
    I will be adding the "back" gesture functionality over the weekend.
    Last edited by twack; 01/05/2012 at 12:07 PM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    GreenHex, Rnp and yellowhammer like this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Hmmmmmm

Awful quite. Has someone tried it? I see a number of downloads.

Enjoy,
    Twack
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Just installed it using WOSQI. Start it up and it sits ther flashing a half moon at me.

Now, this is on the TouchPad that is playing up - so it may not be a good test. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit - tried it on my own TP - same thing.

Alan
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Just installed it using WOSQI. Start it up and it sits ther flashing a half moon at me.

Now, this is on the TouchPad that is playing up - so it may not be a good test. But it doesn't seem to be working.

Edit - tried it on my own TP - same thing.

Alan
    May seem like stupid questions, but I need to ask.

1. How did you download it?
    2. Did you change the file suffix to "ipk" with no quotes?

TIA,
    TWack

Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    May seem like stupid questions, but I need to ask.

1. How did you download it?
    2. Did you change the file suffix to "ipk" with no quotes?

TIA,
    replied in a pm
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Has anyone else installed the patch?

Alan sh - Please uninstall Evernote and reinstall via the catalog. Run the patch immediatly afterwards. It should work. It should have worked the first time too.
    TWack

Yes, I have installed it. First I had to install Evernote, as I had never used it and didn't even know what it was. But there seemed to be alot of buzz about it, so I thought I ought to give it a try particularly now that it's been twacked.

(to twack - verb - to modify an app for a different webOS device so that it works properly and looks great, and do so in brilliant fashion)

It works pretty good with the patch. It is missing the back functionality of course, which makes it unclear how to do some things. I couldn't figure out how to add a photo snapshot note; I couldn't tell if that's due to the missing back function or if it's some other touchpad incompatibility. I'm not sure I'd ever want to make a photo note with the touchpad anyway.

Overall, it seems quite usable. Now I just need to load it on my Pre3 and windows desktop and see if Evernote will help me work.

Thanks twack.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    Yes, I have installed it. It works pretty good with the patch.
    That's great. You're going to get addicted if you take any kind of notes on multiple devices. I started using it last year year ago when I bought my kids livescribe pens. They swear by those things for college. Anyway, I bought a pen for meetings and then they came out with an interface to evernote. Awesome!

Could you please document here how downloaded and installed for alan sh?

TIA,
    TWack

It worked for me too. I deleted and reinstalled Evernote and then installed the patch .ipk with Preware. I downloaded the patch file via the email attachment feature here. Thanks!
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 12/31/2011 at 06:12 PM.
    downloaded by attachment changed to .ipk w/ internalz pro, installed w/ preware restarted and logged in. Done. Looks good. I'm really not an evernote poweruser but cool to have It thanks!
    Deleting and reinstalling evernote (pre version in the app catalog) and then installing the patch did not work for me. I tried to use preware to install the ipk file. It keeps showing “download/installing” but doesn't finish this step. Am I missing something here? If anyone else is encountering this, please let me know how to resolve this issue.

I'm also unclear on what this patch does exactly. Does it change the evernote app that's currently in the app catalog to make it fullscreen for the touchpad?
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    The install worked as directed. I will have to play with it more when i have time.
    Thanks

Happy New years for now.
    Deleting and reinstalling evernote (pre version in the app catalog) and then installing the patch did not work for me. I tried to use preware to install the ipk file. It keeps showing “download/installing” but doesn't finish this step. Am I missing something here? If anyone else is encountering this, please let me know how to resolve this issue.

I'm also unclear on what this patch does exactly. Does it change the evernote app that's currently in the app catalog to make it fullscreen for the touchpad?
    How did you download the file? Email attachment or another method?

Yes, this patch makes it full screen on the TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by gburdell5 View Post

yes, makes it fullscreen for touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by gburdell5 View Post

did you get it from the email attachment and change it to ipk? The direct download from these forums doesn't work
    I downloaded the attached file from twack’s first post. Is there another way to download it?
    I downloaded the attached file from twack’s first post. Is there another way to download it?

Get the file as an email attachment from the OP and go from there. I had the same issue as you when trying to download directly on the TouchPad.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Last edited by Yellowhammer; 12/31/2011 at 07:10 PM.
    Downloaded on my Windows 7 computer. Changed file to ipk, then installed with webOS Quick Install. Works great!

twack,

Give this some time for more comments. It's New Year's Eve. A lot of folks are hanging out with loved ones away from the Internet. I shouldn't even be online right now myself.
    Downloading the email attachment, not the file from the forum posting, did the trick. The patch looks great so far. When the back functionality gets added, this will be ever better.
    very cool. Can't wait to get the back button. Thank you!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast