Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree3Likes
    twack I told you it was a huge demand for this. I had contacted evernote like I said in your Pandora thread and got no response. So glad you took this on. When you finish with this this one I have another request similiar to my request for evernote! lol!
    I don't know if it is beyond your magic but... Is there any chance to do an offline mode?
    I just wanted to post to say thanks for taking a stab at this patch :-). This is much improved over the mini-me phone version running on the tablet.

The android apps from evernote still put the webOS versions to shame, but that would take more than a great patch to fix...

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kevets View Post
    I just wanted to post to say thanks for taking a stab at this patch :-). This is much improved over the mini-me phone version running on the tablet.

The android apps from evernote still put the webOS versions to shame, but that would take more than a great patch to fix...

What do they do that the webOS version does not?
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    IIRC, you can keep on adding photos in a page, whereas on the webOS version, one is the limit.

OrAmIDoingItWrong?
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smanic View Post
    I don't know if it is beyond your magic but... Is there any chance to do an offline mode?
    What app are you talking about?
    TWack

Well for one, the larger screen still shows a very low-res 'preview' of each note. Especially apparent in the grid/icon view, there's no real way to tell what is in each note. And in landscape, there is space for a couple more columns when using grid view, to fit more notes on the page. Offline mode would be nice, but higher-res note previews would be one of the basics that would make it a shinier app to use on the TP. I assume Evernote has multiple sizes of thumbnails they store on the server side - maybe it's as easy as changing what file its looking for?

White Z10, Touchpad 16GB [Retired: Pre 3, Pre 2, Pixi Plus, Pre Plus]
    Back on a BlackBerry after 2 1/2 years with WebOS.

One-step Picasa batch image upload: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ecl-webos.html
  8. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    The whole GUI is superior because it's an actual tablet app (rather than a blown-up phone app), so you have multiple views and panel options, (grids, lists), the search function takes advantage of the screen size all sorts of things - it's a bit hard to explain as it's one of those things you have to try to see the difference.

Also things such as if you open a note, you can see other recent notes across the bottom and scroll between them - see below:

Last edited by CGK; 01/04/2012 at 08:23 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    The basic functionality of Evernote on webOS is intact sanse "back gesture" though. I find the webOS version cleaner and more focused on my notes. But that is just a user preference based on my use/needs. I could see where others would want more peripheral information. It looks like the battle between Coke and Coke Classic.
    TWack

The webOS version is best for when you just want to refresh your memory or take simple, quick notes. It's not that great for extensive note creation.

The Android (tablet) app offers more options for note creation. I think the only things it doesn't do that the PC version does is allow you to create tables & insert pictures inline with the text--at least that's what I've noticed so far.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    The one thing I really like about the Android version is the ability to store notes/documents locally so one doesn't have to have a WiFi connection to have access to files.

Not complaining, just passing on an observation.
    The whole GUI is superior because it's an actual tablet app (rather than a blown-up phone app), so you have multiple views and panel options, (grids, lists), the search function takes advantage of the screen size all sorts of things - it's a bit hard to explain as it's one of those things you have to try to see the difference.

Also things such as if you open a note, you can see other recent notes across the bottom and scroll between them - see below:

Click to view quoted image
    CGK, haven't we had this tablet app vs "blown-up phone" app discussion before? I think the shoe was on the other foot. I was the one complaining about how most Android apps are just blown-up phone based apps that don't look good on a tablet. Oh how the tables have turned. However, do you now admit that you see my point in the matter?

Anyway, please don't beat up twack on this. This is not his app. He simply made a patch that allows the approved app to run on the TouchPad in full screen mode. The developers of Evernote so far have decided that there is not enough interest in Evernote among TouchPad users. The only way to fix the issue is with native support is for:

1) All TouchPad Evernote users to band together and send emails to the Evernote team letting them know that you exist and want an app with native support and up to date features

2) An existing webOS developer uses the Evernote APIs to write a better app. I don't know if twack would be willing to do this. It sounds like it requires a lot of work that he will need to be adequately compensated for.

I'm just happy he took time out of his schedule to do what he has done so far seeing that he doesn't work for the Evernote development team.

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    Twack, thank you so much!
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Huh? He asked a question, I answered it, I don't expect his patch to fix those problems that would be silly and gave already my thanks to him. My 'beating him up' is in your head - you have plenty of other threads to get in digs at me, don't bring that stuff to thus constructive thread.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Last edited by CGK; 01/05/2012 at 02:47 AM.
    First off, thanks so much for this--you've given me back one of my favorite apps! I had given up on using the Evernote app on my TP, and had resorted to simply loading the web site (which has problems in the TP browser in edit mode--text can run off the right edge of the text box and be invisible). Now I can create and edit notes with joy and abandon!

As for my observations on the install process:

The direct file download and the email attachment method result in files with different names. Apparently the installer is very sensitive to file naming, as the result is the email attachment will install, but the directly downloaded file will not (and its name doesn't match what's specified in the OP).

Can't guess what's going on with that, but doubtless it's what's causing the install problem that some have reported (the endlessly spinning wheel).
    I thought I could to the back gestures this weekend, but alas the darned football (not soccer) games hath taken thy timeth and dashed ye upon thy rocks below.

It will be back on the stack tomorrow. Gettin' wired!
    If adding a back button proves problematic, perhaps a "Back" selection in the app menu (as Internalz uses) would be possible?
  17. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bethel95 View Post
    First off, thanks so much for this--you've given me back one of my favorite apps! I had given up on using the Evernote app on my TP, and had resorted to simply loading the web site (which has problems in the TP browser in edit mode--text can run off the right edge of the text box and be invisible). Now I can create and edit notes with joy and abandon!

As for my observations on the install process:

The direct file download and the email attachment method result in files with different names. Apparently the installer is very sensitive to file naming, as the result is the email attachment will install, but the directly downloaded file will not (and its name doesn't match what's specified in the OP).

Can't guess what's going on with that, but doubtless it's what's causing the install problem that some have reported (the endlessly spinning wheel).
    Right - if people use the email attachment it installs fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Huh? He asked a question, I answered it, I don't expect his patch to fix those problems that would be silly and gave already my thanks to him. My 'beating him up' is in your head - you have plenty of other threads to get in digs at me, don't bring that stuff to thus constructive thread.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    Don't take it personally, the comment was for the whole group. It was simply to point out that the problems are not with his work, but with the lack of support from Evernote. Not to poke at you.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    It's finished and you can find it at:

http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3278001

Enjoy.
    TWack

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123