1.    #1  
    whenever I click the app catalog icon it loads up a browser window with the address 'index.html' and then proceeds to load nothing. I am on webos 3.00. Any ideas what might be going on? TIA
    go to Software Manager, locate the Hp App Catalog, it will probably have a Failed Download icon next to it. Tap on the icon itself, and select Retry Download or something along those lines.

BUT FIRST, you might want to click the "System Updates" icon (it looks like a nicely wrapped gift package ) and update to the current version.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    go to Software Manager, locate the Hp App Catalog, it will probably have a Failed Download icon next to it. Tap on the icon itself, and select Retry Download or something along those lines.

BUT FIRST, you might want to click the "System Updates" icon (it looks like a nicely wrapped gift package ) and update to the current version.
    There is an update in system updates but I went to update last night and I nearly bricked it. How can I update without that happening? I don't wanna go through the novaterm just to get this to work.
    It's pretty close to impossible to do that. You plug it in, go to System Updates, hit Update. wait anywhere from 20-40 minutes or so depending on your internet speed. It will eventually reboot into the new version.

If something terrible does happen, which is pretty unlikely, you login to your webOS account via the web, using your computer, download the webOS Doctor for your Pad, plug the Pad in via USB, run the webOS Doctor, and in about 10-15 minutes you'll have a completely fresh webOS install.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    It's pretty close to impossible to do that. You plug it in, go to System Updates, hit Update. wait anywhere from 20-40 minutes or so depending on your internet speed. It will eventually reboot into the new version.

If something terrible does happen, which is pretty unlikely, you login to your webOS account via the web, using your computer, download the webOS Doctor for your Pad, plug the Pad in via USB, run the webOS Doctor, and in about 10-15 minutes you'll have a completely fresh webOS install.
    I did it like you say and the screen read 'palm.com/rom' so I did the doctor and it would lock up at 12% which I read is pretty common. I eventually got it to work.