View Poll Results: would you buy this app?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes! I've been waiting for a touchpad chord app!

3 50.00%
  • not right away, but probably

2 33.33%
  • only if it has a lot of chords

0 0%
  • I have no need for an app like this

1 16.67%
  1.    #1  
    I am thinking about making an app for the touchpad that is basically a chord dictionary. There will be a list of chord names and then how to play the chord. So I'm making a poll to see if its worth making. It would be $0.99. So... Would you buy it?
    Hmm, probably not. Something so basic would probably be more classified as a free app--unless it had something to really differentiate it from simply doing a Google search on a chord.

Now, what I WOULD pay good money for is a Guitar TAB app--something that has yet to be done for webOS. It's an app that pulls chord and lyric charts from sites like www.Ultimate-Guitar.com and displays them in a large, easy-to-read format. A key feature is that there is a transpose function, so you can display said chart in any key.

It seems like most of the work is done by the site you pull from, so I don't know how detailed something like that would be to make. But I would pay for that, undoubtedly.
    I would like to see something a little more comprehensive than what's already out there. Something with more than just A,B,C,D,E,F,G chords. The ability to re-arrange the layout, so I can either view by note, ie A major/minor/7th etc, or if I want to look at all minor/major chords.

A fret-board diagram that shows the entire neck would also be beneficial. Something I've asked devs on other apps to do, but they haven't gotten around to doing yet.

If you're up to the task, an integrated tuner would be great. I would prefer an actual tuner that uses the microphone to listen to the note and provide visual feedback, but if that isn't possible, then audible tones are better than nothing. If that's the route you would have to go, please ensure ALL notes in ALL increments are included. A,A#,B,C,C#,D,D#,E,F,F#,G,G#.

While on this subject, providing different tuning charts would be an asset. Standard, Drop-D, and some Open Tunings might be worthwhile including.

Expanding on this might include providing some scale and/or box charts. These also need to cover an entire fret-board.

When including the fret-board, if would be nice to be able to view it entirely without zooming, as well as a zoomed-in mode that you can slide back and forth, up & down the neck.
  4.    #4  
    that's a lot of work! I wasn't planning on making a tuner in the app as the one I would make would be no better than what's already out there. It would be the audible tones.

the chords will be arranged by note. So there will be a dropdown box for each note with a bunch of notes in them. Ex: A dropdown -> A, Am, A7, etc.

I don't really see a need for an entire fretboard. Most chords are within the first five frets. However that is something that I can probably include.

the quality of this app is truly based on you guys. If there is enough demand, I'll make the best app I can and I'll include as much as I can.
  5.    #5  
    well since only 3 people really want a quality app, I decided to just make it the bare minimum and make it free. It I get enough demand I'll make a pro version with tons of more features. I submitted it to the app catalog today! It might take a while to get in though because of the holidays.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    While on this subject, providing different tuning charts would be an asset. Standard, Drop-D, and some Open Tunings might be worthwhile including.

Don't forget DADGAD! That's a good'un!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

i.. uh.. play bass.

don't forget there are actually webOS users that aren't on this forum.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    i.. uh.. play bass.

don't forget there are actually webOS users that aren't on this forum.
    Yeah i know. I will see how many downloads my app gets and if its a lot, I'll make a Pro version or something that will be a dollar and come with more features.

I am not one of those developers who make an app and forget about it. I update my apps quite often and try to make them better. There will be more chords added to this app in the near future... if i have the demand - which will show in download numbers and reviews.