webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Pulse News closer than you may think
Pulse News closer than you may think
Like Tree6Likes

Old 12/27/2011, 05:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

I don't know if anyone has recently checked into the getsatisfaction community page for Pulse News reader, but if you haven't you should. BIG NEWS: we now have a customer relations agent looking at our thread and they are impressed with the support! I know many of us want Pulse News to come to webOS and I think if we can get enough support from the community they will build it! Head on over here:

Will you Create a HP WebOS application?

and here

Pulse for WebOS (HP Touchpad)?

If you want to help this thread, please RESPOND RESPOND RESPOND! Keep this thread at the top!

and +1 this question! Also tweet @pulsepad with your requests! And if you don't know what Pulse News is, look it up. If you have an iOS device, Android Device, or Windows Phone, try it; it's FREE!!!

Update 1/16/12: Because this thread defaults to show the first post first, I am going to begin updating this post regularly with status updates. I am adding an archive of all of the changes I have posted in new entries as well.

Update 2/9/12: I haven't updated this thread in a while since the numbers had stalled and I had done all I could with the limited power of just one person. Today, I got a surprise update from our community agent Karen on this very forum! Please read it on page 2, and know that we have been heard and not forgotten! Also, please post your ideas here for what features should be in the webOS version of Pulse News. Maybe some exclusive features will draw new users to our platform;-).

Update 2/13/12: Just wanted to say great job! This thread has added (since before I started tracking the numbers here) 17 votes to the main one and 9 to the other!

Update 4/1/12: I just want to let you know, whoever who still follows this thread, that I will continue to update this post. Keep on following!

*Note that I will just post the numbers. The bigger number is "will you create an..." and the smaller is "pulse for HP..." unless otherwise noted*

12/30/11: 152 and 6
1/8/12: 153 and 7
1/13/12: 156 and 9
1/14/12: 158 and 9
1/16/12: 161 and 12
1/20/12: 162 and 12
1/29/12: 164 and 13
2/9/12: 166 and 15
2/13/12: 167 and 15
2/15/12: 168 and 16
2/19/12: 169 and 16
3/8/12: 170 and 18
3/22/12 171 and 18
4/1/12: 172 and 18
7/18/12: 174 and 18
12/1/13: 181 and 18

Last edited by techlover10; 12/01/2013 at 06:13 AM.
techlover10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by darktoy likes this.
Thanked by darktoy, Rnp, tp koki
Old 12/28/2011, 12:06 AM   #2 (permalink)

Also, I really think this is an opportunity to let the community's strength shine. Let's create a hashtag #webOSpulse or something else and tweet Pulse with that so they can see just how many users (900,000-1,000,000) they would be serving!

Update: Thanks to the person whp +1'd this on getsatisfaction...let's keep going! And if you have an idea for a hashtag, please use it and post it to this thread so that the entire community can use the same one:-)

Last edited by techlover10; 12/28/2011 at 01:30 PM.
Old 12/29/2011, 03:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

I see that people have been adding their support to the pages I listed and that is great! I don't know for sure if it is in response to this thread, but if it is, awesome! Please reply to this thread too with your opinions and ideas and help to make this thread even bigger!

Bigger thread=more readers=more supporters=webOSpulse!
Old 12/30/2011, 11:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

I look at their web site and see no reason why I would need

looks pretty stupid to me
Airbalancerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 12:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

I honestly prefer the free Zite app we gained recently, looks to have a better layout (for my personal tastes) than this pulse tablet reader i viewed on youtube, you can certainly see/read more and and it looks more "newspaper" like and easy on the eyes, not a fan of the non webOS color schemed apps like pulse and smart office.
geekpeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/30/2011, 02:22 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airbalancerguy View Post
I look at their web site and see no reason why I would need

looks pretty stupid to me
I use Pulse news on my Android phone and it is worlds better than anything on WebOS right now for customization. The only thing that had come close was the Mosaic app and that thing was incredibly glitchy and they quit supporting it. There's a reason it's the number one news app on Android. WebOS looked pretty stupid too me too, until I used it.

Last edited by kalel33; 12/30/2011 at 02:34 PM.
kalel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by techlover10 likes this.
Old 12/30/2011, 02:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
I honestly prefer the free Zite app we gained recently, looks to have a better layout (for my personal tastes) than this pulse tablet reader i viewed on youtube, you can certainly see/read more and and it looks more "newspaper" like and easy on the eyes, not a fan of the non webOS color schemed apps like pulse and smart office.
Zite is absolutely stunning in it's layout but it has the same issue that the other news apps on WebOS have, you can't decide the sources for your news. Zite and the others tell you where you're going to get your news from and won't allow you to choose. I've been using News Republic but it has that same flaw. I want to view my news from the sources I want, not what an app developer tells me I should get my news from.
kalel33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked by levinite and techlover10 like this.
Old 12/30/2011, 02:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

im not too fussed where the sources come from, as long as i get to read something worthwhile, cant say ive read anything so far on it that id label as bad, it could pull news reports from hell itsself as long as they have a decent story to read its all fine.
Old 12/30/2011, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

kalel33, please spread the word! I don't know how many people are seeing this thread, but I think that bringing an award-winning feed reader to webOS could do wonders for its viability as a platform! And geekpeter, even if you don't like non webOS themed apps, I think if you tried Pulse you would change your tune- Pulse has somewhat of a universal theme that I think fits in anywhere. Airbalancerguy, same thing; you have to try it to see why it is great. If you are not a person who follows multiple news sites, then the app is probably not for you. If you do, then you should try the app out. If anyone doesn't see the usefulness of this app but has a smartphone or tablet running iOS, Android, or Windows Phone, just try it. It is free, after all.

PS if you haven't added your support to the two threads on the getsatisfaction website, please do! The main question link again is

http://getsatisfaction.com/pulsenews...lication-35f2l

This one has 152 +1s as of this writing.

http://getsatisfaction.com/pulsenews...os_hp_touchpad

This one has 6 +1s as of this writing.
Old 12/30/2011, 05:51 PM   #10 (permalink)

id use it for a smartphone if only because theres no phone version of Zite and it doesnt scale down (already tried, runs fine just doesnt scale), even then it looks like theres 2 seperate versions of Pulse that i saw reviews for on youtube, a normal and a tablet version or is there just 1 app that autoscales to whichever?

when asking for a webOS version was it made clear which platform of webOS the port should be for? just as the first link in the first post is titled "webOS for touchpad" which would still leave the webOS smartphones without this app and pulse directly competing with Zite and more on the touchpad.
Old 12/30/2011, 05:56 PM   #11 (permalink)

That is true, but the first link is actually the less significant of the two and I just typed them in the wrong order. The goal is to get it on webOS, not just touchpad. Pulse is just one universal app, and it does auto-scale based on the screen resolution of the device it is being used on. If you wish to support the webOS univeral version and not just the TouchPad version you can go to the second link and add your support there.
Old 12/30/2011, 06:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

definatly useful if it scales to fit any device, the 2nd post isnt helped much by slapping a giant pic of a touchpad in there and also mentioning "webOS for touchpad".
Old 12/30/2011, 06:11 PM   #13 (permalink)

That is true but that thread is just targeting the fact that with the TouchPad out it might be time for Pulse News on webOS.
Old 12/31/2011, 02:54 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
Zite is absolutely stunning in it's layout but it has the same issue that the other news apps on WebOS have, you can't decide the sources for your news. Zite and the others tell you where you're going to get your news from and won't allow you to choose. I've been using News Republic but it has that same flaw. I want to view my news from the sources I want, not what an app developer tells me I should get my news from.
I havent tried the others but NewsRoom allows you to manually add your feeds (not sure if thats what you're referring to).

That thread has been going since April of 2011 and the app is still not any closer to fruition. Wouldnt it be better to request the missing features from the devs of the currently available apps?
p41m3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/2011, 03:34 AM   #15 (permalink)

The thread actually almost came to fruition several times but it lost support from our community a few months ago. That is why I started this thread.
Old 01/08/2012, 02:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

Will you create an ... On getsatisfaction is now 153
Pulse for HP ... On getsatisfaction is now 7

Let's keep this thread going!
Old 01/09/2012, 04:56 AM   #17 (permalink)

Love Pulse for Android! Pulse is one of the only reasons I boot my tp into Android. It's like Newsroom on steroids

Tapatalkin' from my eclipsed DROIDX2
Old 01/11/2012, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Many people feel the same way; c'mon community, let's make this happen! We are so close!
Old 01/12/2012, 02:05 AM   #19 (permalink)

What about Rhythm News which is said to be a clone of Pulse News? I haven't tried it yet because of its price tag.
Old 01/12/2012, 08:53 AM   #20 (permalink)

Rhythm News Reader is a shameless ripoff of Pulse. I have not personally tried it, but based on the video demos and reviews I have seen and the App Catalog reviews, I think it's safe to say that it is not as feature-rich as Pulse, nor as smooth and fast. Also, I don't believe it scales up to the TouchPad size, and it runs in compatibility mode instead.

Tags
app request, free, pulsenews

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0