Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #21  
    Will you create an... On GetSatisfaction is now 156
    Pulse for webOS... On GetSatisfaction is now 9

Keep it up!!!
  2.    #22  
    Great job guys! Will you create an...is now 158, +8 from before! I know it seems small, but keeping that thread active on GetSatisfaction is extremely important if we want Pulse to keep webOS in mind. Pulse for HP...is still 9. Up from 7! Pulse News fans, I think we should try to MAKE THIS A HOT THREAD!!!! If this got more views, imagine how many +1s we would get on GetSatisfaction! Please feel free to reblog this wherever webOS Pulse News fans are present!
  3.    #23  
    Please help try to keep this thread at the top!
  4.    #24  
    Hello community! For all of those who are reading this, I know it seems like I have been the only one posting here. That is up to you! I encourage you guys to respond with your ideas on how we can make this happen! I know that this thread has been fairly popular because Pulse is something that everyone wants, but I have some rather annoying news.. Our representative, Karen Nga, seems to be ignoring the recent spike in +1s from the Pulse News threads on getsatisfaction. I don't want to believe it, but it would appear that Karen has no longer been watching our threads. Since I started this thread a few weeks ago, there have been approximately 11 and 5 more +1s added to our threads respectively. Please please please try to reach out to her. If she hears from the many members of our community she may begin to follow our thread once more! Also, keep spreading the link to this thread so that we can get more supporters of Pulse News for webOS. Pulse is a great platform for news consumption, and it's presence in our app store could bring some new life into webOS.

Keep it up!

P.S. Just added this thread to my signature :-)
    - techlover10, long time webOS fan and Pulse News supporter
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
    Quote Originally Posted by techlover10 View Post
    Hello community! For all of those who are reading this, I know it seems like I have been the only one posting here. That is up to you! I encourage you guys to respond with your ideas on how we can make this happen! I know that this thread has been fairly popular because Pulse is something that everyone wants, but I have some rather annoying news.. Our representative, Karen Nga, seems to be ignoring the recent spike in +1s from the Pulse News threads on getsatisfaction. I don't want to believe it, but it would appear that Karen has no longer been watching our threads. Since I started this thread a few weeks ago, there have been approximately 11 and 5 more +1s added to our threads respectively. Please please please try to reach out to her. If she hears from the many members of our community she may begin to follow our thread once more! Also, keep spreading the link to this thread so that we can get more supporters of Pulse News for webOS. Pulse is a great platform for news consumption, and it's presence in our app store could bring some new life into webOS.

Keep it up!

P.S. Just added this thread to my signature :-)
    Whats pulse news.. And what's get satisfaction?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Whats pulse news.. And what's get satisfaction?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Pulse News is a news feed aggregator which allows you to easily view news from all of your favorite news sources in addition to discovering new ones. GetSatisfaction is a customer service website which is used by many different companies to connect with their clients. Pulse News uses GetSatisfaction as a customer service tool for their users. To find out more about Pulse News or GetSatisfaction, head to Pulse News - by Alphonso Labs or Get Satisfaction - Online Community Software - Get Satisfaction

I apologize if I did not make this more clear from the start.
    Please check out my thread at http://forums.webosnation.com/app-re...may-think.html
  7.    #27  
    Congratulations on making this a hot thread! Keep it up!
  8.    #28  
    Keep the steam going! Hot thread, more views, more hits!. Don't forget to respond to this thread!
  9.    #29  
    Dear reader.

I keep posting here in the hope that people have subscribed to this thread and/or read it regularly. I hope that people are reading this thread and that they are supporting Pulse News on webOS.

I want to tell you how to contact Karen Nga. I should probably have done this earlier but I just found her business contact address.

karen@pulse.me

If you want Pulse News on webOS, please email her. And please, please, PLEASE post your email and her response on this thread!!!

...we are this close!!! - holds up index finger and thumb indicating a small distance-
  10.    #30  
    I feel like I am monopolizing this thread. Now I am asking those of you who read this thread, please reply with your suggestions! We are losing steam; the threads on GetSatisfaction have stalled at 162 and 12. Ideas on how to keep it going? CM9 is coming soon, and if we don't get Pulse, many of those like us will abandon webOS for Android. Also, an Open webOS, Enyo 2.0 Pulse News sounds pretty cool...just sayin.

Feel free to PM me if you have ideas.
  11.    #31  
    I know this thread has worked because we have kept GetSatisfaction moving after a month-long limbo. For all the Pulse News users, please share your testimonies. Those unsure of what this is, please ask and I will respond. Again, please also send your thoughts and comments with karen@pulse.me and post her replies here.

There's always hope!
    Never seems a little harsh. There were some apps ported to webOS and a lot of tablet specific apps exist for the OS, more than for some other platforms. Perhaps with the Linux kernel coming in March we will see more. Co-incidentally in March comes that co-ordinated Google policy to amass a dossier on each google user of all their search information and use of other services. Doesn't seem like I would want to do a lot of booting into CM9 after that unless I absolutely can't get news/apps from webOS.
  13.    #33  
    I agree with bluenote. While there have not been many success stories with efforts to get apps ported to webOS, I did read one encouraging thing. Pulse's GetSatisfaction account has a thread about people who want a pulse web app. Pulse's representative said they were working on something of the sort. With the availability of the Enyo 2.0 platform, it makes sense for Pulse to use it to code their app, thus making it universal. Of course, it would also run on webOS in that case.. Also, high quality webOS tablet apps are doing quite well. For instance, Astraware set up their touchpad totalizer and has already amassed 3,702 downloads as of this writing. Gameloft has ported a number of their well-known games to touchpad and judging by the reviews, they are doing quite well. Same story with Site. I am not saying, dignitary, that your point is not valid, I am just saying that any effort to keep showing that there is a large webOS user base that would appreciate this app cannot harm anything.

A side note: the "Will you create an HP WebOS Application" question is the most +1'd on Pulse's getsatisfaction!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Hi there!

I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm so happy to see the enthusiasm for Pulse! I'm very sorry you've felt ignored but I assure you, I have been reviewing your +1s.

Techlover10, if you'd like to email me at karen(at)pulse(dot)me I'd be happy to chat further about what we can do for you for the time being as we still are hard at work improving our current platforms.

Don't be afraid to reach out. I'm always happy to chat with Pulse enthusiasts.

Best,
    Karen

PS - If you've not already, make sure to following us at the following to stay up to date on our releases and launches:
    Twitter: @pulsepad
    Facebook: Pulse | Facebook
    Google+: https://plus.google.com/104742706707291179951
    Blog: blog.pulse.me
    techlover10 likes this.
    Karen,

Welcome to the forum. I am available for freelance projects, if you need some extra manpower to get this realized.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nga View Post
    Hi there!

I just stumbled upon this forum and I'm so happy to see the enthusiasm for Pulse! I'm very sorry you've felt ignored but I assure you, I have been reviewing your +1s.

Techlover10, if you'd like to email me at karen(at)pulse(dot)me I'd be happy to chat further about what we can do for you for the time being as we still are hard at work improving our current platforms.

Best,
    Karen

PS - If you've not already, make sure to following us at the following to stay up to date on our releases and launches:
    Way to go Karen. Put me in as +1, haven't yet found the time to log into your site and I'm sure I'm representative of many more news junkies on webOS. Also eblade above is a great guy, you may wish to take him up on his offer to help.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen Nga View Post
    Hi there!

Best,
    Karen

Karen,
    Sorry if I appear to be a nuisance; I don't intend to be. I am just another Pulse News enthusiast on an HP TouchPad who doesn't want to have to load Android on my TouchPad to get Pulse News. Thanks so much for not completely scrapping the idea of putting Pulse News on webOS. I think a Pulse News app for webOS would be great for both Open webOS and Pulse News. With the release of Enyo 2.0, I think that a Pulse web app running on the Enyo platform would be great! Not only would it be accessible through any html5 browser, but it would also be able to be ported to iOS, Android, webOS, Blackberry Playbook OS, and possibly even more. Also, it would be great to get a status update from you guys regarding your future projects, I'm sure many users would love to know what's going on.

Thanks!
    +1

I, too, would love to see Pulse on webOS.
  19.    #39  
    We have stalled again at 169 and 16. This thread will most likely become less active as time goes on, as all interested people will have already voted on the GetSatisfaction page. However, please know that your responses will keep this thread alive, even if it seems as though it has died. Please continue to promote this on GetSatisfaction and know that you have been heard.

Keep on +1-ing!
  20.    #40  
    Saw DrawSomething on the front page today. Pulse is just as popular where news readers are concerned and they are also considering making the app for webOS if interest is shown. To any moderators or editors who see this, please consider putting this on the front page! It would be awesome for the Pulse News supporters to get Pulse featured on the webOSnation front page! Thanks!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast