Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Seeing that the new year is nearly upon us, I thought it would be a good idea for everyone to figure out what goals or ideas that want to happen for webOS in 2012. I know there are going to be a lot of things happening with the whole Open Source project, so that is a thing on its own.

I feel that the main objective, at least in my mind, is more big name apps. I have CM7 on my touchpad, and can boot into Android within a minute at any given time. There are some really nice, useful apps. But at the end of the day, I love webOS and I am usually on it even without all the apps. Don't get me wrong, there are some great webOS apps, but there just aren't enough.

These are the apps from Android that I would love to see come over to webOS:

1. Amazon Store - It is so much more convenient than going to the site.
    2. Dolphin HD - I love Advanced Browser, but it is missing a lot of key features, and is slow compared to Dolphin.
    3. Onlive - Nice new gaming app for Android, I don't think its even on IOS yet, but it would be awesome to have on webOS.
    4. Audible
    5. Netflix - What's an app wishlist without Netflix. Although I have been using Amazon Prime Instant videos and that works pretty well.
    6 TD Ameritrade - I just opened an account with them and would love to have an app to trade stocks
    7. Mars Hill - Its an app from a church in Seattle.
    8. Printer Share - It may not be the most ideal printing app, but at least it works. In webOS I can't even print an excel spreadsheet...

Those are the apps I am hoping to see come to webOS. On top of that, I am hoping to start learning basic development so maybe I can contribute something to webOS. I think 2012 will be a great year for webOS!

Fej180
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Lack of a TP enabled Evernotes app is a glaring deficiency in the Touchpad.

A print app would also be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeigs View Post

Here are some nice TouchPad app lists:
    The 20 Best Apps For The HP TouchPad - Slideshow from PCMag.com
    top HP TouchPad apps - must have hp touchpad apps
    20 good apps for the HP TouchPad | ZDNet
    Quote Originally Posted by rmeigs View Post

Umm, I have Evernotes on my TP and it has worked well for me so far. It updates my Evernotes app on my Dell Venue android phone.

Sent from my Dell Venue using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by independent1 View Post
    So...what're you going to do to help get them interested in webOS? Planning to write each company and encourage others to do so as well?
    I'm trying to learn how to use Twitter to tweet at Onlive. That's where I'm starting, but I have never understood how Twitter works. I think I tweeted to myself. I'm going to look into it more tomorrow at work. I just made the account yesterday, so its all still new to me.
    Type @onlive your message

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    164 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Type @onlive your message

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Ahh so thats how you do it. I sent them a Tweet now, so hopefully I will hear back from them. I will be writing the other companies over the next couple days to check and see if they might develop an app for webOS too. Thanks