Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
  1.    #1  
    didn't know anything about this app but saw it just went live today (and is free) ... Have been messing around with it for the last hour and am really liking it ... Basically a personalized digital newspaper/magazine you can create with the topics/subjects that interest you

EDIT: just saw this posted on their site

WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2011

Zite's Festivus Gift to TouchPad Owners

Happy Festivus to all the TouchPad owners out there! Hot off the heels of our recent iPhone release, today we release Zite for the webOS platform. We’ve partnered with HP to help develop this app, which uses the same Zite learning technology you know and love and brings it to the approximately 750,000 TouchPad owners out there. We were excited about webOS when it first launched because it leverages open web technologies, and now that HP has open sourced the project we’re excited to see how it continues to develop.

We always like to hear feedback from our users, so please do let us know what you think in the comments below, or by emailing feedback@zite.com.
    AT 9:00 AM
    Last edited by musick; 12/21/2011 at 10:28 PM.
    it is quite nice
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It's quite impressive so far.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Surprised it came to webos before android. woohoo. just wish it had handles and it would be sweet 2x.
    Global Posts
    339 Global Posts
    it's nice but rather useless outside usa. i live in germany, and there are now news etc in my language and for my region.
    Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    Great app!
    Very nice. Time spent using quality, tablet centric apps like this is time not spent using my Android install.
    cant seem to find that app can some moderator post that app.than you
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    I don't see the app in the catalog.
    cant see app also
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    the app is a great addition. i spend hours on reading. just add android, webos, and iphone and you're set for hours of reading.

-- Sent from my TouchPad
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    A quality app. Very nice UI, options to share news, customizable and supposedly presents you with news you care about as long as you give your feedback.
    how do you send to touchpad or can a ipk be made.
  14.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    how do you send to touchpad or can a ipk be made.
    I would just click on one of the tabs at the top "recommended, paid, free" and then click back to "new" ... sometimes the page doesn't refresh properly upon first look

it should be the first app showing up under "new" in categories ... make sure you have "TouchPad" or "All" checked and I guess make sure you are running the latest app catalog (not sure if that matters)
    its pretty nifty, quite like it.
    could not get the zite app
    Very Nice! Thanks for the heads up.
    Finding apps in the catalogue is easy if you know the name. Just type it in the search. Zite is a great app. Festivus is the day to express grievances. But we should thank the Zite people for their gift.
    Last edited by jpash549; 12/23/2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: addition
    thank you sugardave!
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast