Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jpash549 View Post
    Finding apps in the catalogue is easy if you know the name. Just type it in the search. Zite is a great app. Festivus is the day to express grievances. But we should thank the Zite people for their gift.
    and it doesnt feel like some rushed port either, seems to work amazingly well and does its job in a stylish way, massivly impressed, already viewed some good webOS news and film/tv and tekkie news that actually interested me.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I think if you're not running 3.0.4, you can't find Zite in the app catalog.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Very nice app. Thanks for sharing.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Zite runs well -- like it the more I use it.
    Last edited by rmeigs; 12/24/2011 at 04:38 PM.
    Nice app!
    I'm liking it
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Honestly my experience has not at all been great.

The app gives me irrelevant news and it definitely picks news articles based on keywords alone.

1. For example, you need to enter categories relevant to your taste and some of the categories are not even there. I wanted bond markets - not there. I entered stock market and only articles with the words "stock market" were selected for me.

2. The app gives me news about the iraq war and top 10 places for holidays in business and investing just because i wanted more articles from Reuters. Instead of classifying appropriate articles in proper categories it just put it in business and investing because i previously liked an article from Reuters in that section.

3. The app is pretty slow if you want to scroll fast to the end of the section/page

4. In top stories it gives me bizarre news and sometimes duplicates entries. For eg. It gave me Volkswagen shutting off blackberry usage after work hours for its employees twice in top stories on Christmas..*** are there shortage of news?

5. Maybe not so much of a negative for many people but the app will curate the news according to your taste. Sometimes I want to know about things or top news that are not relevant to my taste but are big stories like an earthquake in thailand or global warming or something thats "IN".
    zeitgeist, zite, it's alright!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    So far liking it. Have found it to be useful with more specific sections (e.g., hockey instead of sports). Hope it gets better over time.
    It was nice to see Zite come to the TP. I've been using it for months on the iPad and the devs did a great job porting it over perfectly.

It may not suit everyone's needs or languages, but it is a great app, and I can only hope that more devs port over to the TP. I would really love to see a web browser like Atomic come over to the TP! Everyone would dump the current two browsers we have available to us, cause both quite frankly suck.
    sent from my 32gb Touchpad
    excellent app - the only news app I now use
  12. R42
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    loving it. The app is really good but on the Sports section, all I can find is NFL, NBA, MLB. I was finding the MLB stories and putting a big fat NO so that it gets the message. I found one single soccer article :[
    I like it!
    -- Bring back DateBk!!

I like it! seems like it's put together well and very easy to navigate!
  15.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by R42 View Post
    loving it. The app is really good but on the Sports section, all I can find is NFL, NBA, MLB. I was finding the MLB stories and putting a big fat NO so that it gets the message. I found one single soccer article :[
    under customization and "enter your own" why don't you just type Soccer there will be the option to select that and Major League Soccer and Premier League

I wouldn't bother selecting the preset of just "Sports" if you have narrower interests

I'm only interested in hockey so I narrowed my customization to NHL (a more narrow term than just hockey) and the name of my favorite team
    Global Posts
    893 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post
    under customization and "enter your own" why don't you just type Soccer there will be the option to select that and Major League Soccer and Premier League

I wouldn't bother selecting the preset of just "Sports" if you have narrower interests

I'm only interested in hockey so I narrowed my customization to NHL (a more narrow term than just hockey) and the name of my favorite team
    The thing is it's football for us here in Europe. So by choosing soccer it's like choosing only US sites for football. I'm trying to "teach" it that I want the "other" football by saying I didn't like all the NFL articles. I hope it works.
  17. R42
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by musick View Post

cool beans..
    it works!
    just typed football and I am getting news from both sports
    is there a way to add an rss feed? I know this app pulls data from different sites which is great. But sometimes I want to read a specific rss feed only.

love this app!
    My flickr Pictures taken by the Pre (pre plus and pre3)
    I'm running 3.0.4 and have searched and still can't find it in app catalog. I clicked on the link earlier in the thread and a message says it can't Install on my current version. I doublechecked and I am running 3.0.4 so not sure what's wrong.

any ideas?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast