1.    #1  
    Hello,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the phone version of N.O.V.A by Gameloft is onsale for .99cents.

available in the app catalog now

Also a side note, anyone else noticing that Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Shrek Kart, Settlers, and Brothers in Arms 2; is missing from the App Catalog now (Phones running 2.x.x) ? I would like to know if its just me or not.
    If you like any of my patches or apps, donations are appreciated. PayPal Link
    All Donations go towards my college classes & I want to thank anyone that purchases my apps or considers donating to me.
    -- 12 patches & 40 save/restore scripts.
    -Apps-
    Paid:
    Days To Come, Days Gone By, Quick-Keys Keyboard, Days Till Christmas, Days Till Christmas HD, Days Till New Year, Days Till New Year HD
    Free:
    Night Light Timer, webOS Launcher
    I'll have to check Pre2... Pre3 has shrek kart currently installs, but has not been doctored since I got it a few months ago. Not showing up in app cat...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have 1.4.5 devices at home and other 2.x devices I will check on as well. Also just doctored Pre2 to 2.2.4 over the weekend so I will check this.

All the above testing in my Pre3 on 2.2.3, shrek kart auto downloaded on activation on 2.2.0. US app cat, AT&T Pre3.
    Last edited by OldSkoolVWLover; 12/21/2011 at 12:01 PM. Reason: hadn't turned on app tucker yet on this device...
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    if you have purchased them previously and use apptucker the missing games still show as their linked to your profile?? i know mine only showed when using app tucker and i had bought them previously on the pre3 back when they were listed.
    Disregard my earlier post... I forgot this was the first time using app tucker on this device just installed beta feeds over the weekend... app tucker was turned off in preware.

All is well if you previously purchased. Just must not be in 2.2.3 and 2.2.4? Since installed fine on 2.2.0.

I will have to check the 2.2.4 Pre2 when I get home... then decide what to do next with that device and shrek kart (bought it twice so the wife and I could play head to head)
    shrek has multiplayer? i thought it was missing in our ports? i havent checked in a while tho.
    Phone version had it, TP version does not.
    awesomely, phone version crashes on Pre3 2.2.3... wonder if it does the same on Pre2...
    N.O.V.A. 2 HD is also on sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by djgardn2 View Post
    Also a side note, anyone else noticing that Modern Combat: Sandstorm, Shrek Kart, Settlers, and Brothers in Arms 2; is missing from the App Catalog now (Phones running 2.x.x) ? I would like to know if its just me or not.
    Yep same here on 2.2.3, none of those apps show up. Perhaps now that both legit and 'black market' Pre3's will all be united on 2.2.4 along with the Pre2's and hopefully Veer's soon, maybe some missing apps will show up again. I can understand an app developer not updating their app for a phone and webOS combination (pre3/2.2.3) that officially doesn't exist.
    Anyone on a Pre3 able to get NOVA in the app catalog?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Anyone on a Pre3 able to get NOVA in the app catalog?
    now i cant normally, quite a few have disappeared, i can only do it using apptucker as i had bought it when it was available on the pre3 before it vanished.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    now i cant normally, quite a few have disappeared, i can only do it using apptucker as i had bought it when it was available on the pre3 before it vanished.
    Is it working on Pre3? Playable? Seeing as how some of these apps are crashing, that might be why they got pulled.
    yeah works fine, some apps that dont work on the pre3 just need the apps metadata.json file edited and the "devices":[???] part changed from 701 or w/e to 101 or 102 (i forget which) and sometimes it works.

I had to do that with settlers/nfsu/dungeon hunter and more or id get either a pure black or white screen with torn gfx.

theres quite a few touchpad games that work fine on the pre3 only their squashed vertically and dont rotate into landscape, i think Bugs Village works, as does LOTR: Defense, TuneIn Radio, 7Digital MP3, Multitouch Piano, Compass HD, Gun Bros, various news apps like Syk/ITN these all work but either dont scale or they have the wrong orientation.

Ones that work flawlessly are Robotek HD, Radiant HD, Ground Effect PRO XHD, Mad Maks 3D HD.

Phone apps that work fine right away on the touchpad or pre3 normally or after metadata.json editing are ones like Mini Squadron, Blades of Fury, OP Sandstorm, N.O.V.A, Hero of Sparta, Castle of Magic, Dungeon Hunter, NFSU, and many more.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 12/21/2011 at 06:27 PM.
    the pre3 app catalog is getting pretty sparse... most of the new apps are touchpad only, and a lot of the Pre apps have disappeared.