1.    #1  
    touchpad up to date ...re-entered info and automatic configuration worked fine for gmail accounts as well as yahoo ...initially worked ...no more, does not get new mail ...tried setting all accounts to "all" instead of x-days as someone suggested ...no joy ...I am sooo confused ...my wifi connection is fine and browser is browsing and app catalog/preware loads fine and such ...what is it?
    Can you provide a few more specifics about what you're experiencing when you say, "trouble with email failing to download mail" and "does not get new mail" ?

Is it not automatically checking email for you? Or
    What about when you manually check email? Do your mail come in then?
    Are there any error messages?

Just wanna make sure I understand your issue.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDZEdge View Post
    Can you provide a few more specifics about what you're experiencing when you say, "trouble with email failing to download mail" and "does not get new mail" ?

Is it not automatically checking email for you? Or
    What about when you manually check email? Do your mail come in then?
    Are there any error messages?

Just wanna make sure I understand your issue.
    I have 4 gmail accounts and 1 yahoo account entered on the Touchpad (which is up to date) exactly as they are on my Pre3 which gets mail fine from the same wifi connection at my home. I have all the accounts set to "manual" and when I ask the global inbox to update or when I ask them individually to update the circular arrow does not glow blue as it should and nothing comes in. It did originally work as there are some older (1 month ago) emails shown. I have never doctored the device. It does have the android dual boot #7 on it and inasmuch as that is on a separate partition I don't see how that would affect it. No errors ...just doesn't take the tap to update at all...tia!
    Wow. That sounds weird and takes me in a completely different direction for suggestions. Sorry, I've never heard of that failure mode. If I'm interpreting this correctly, you've described a failure of the email app to register your "check for new mail" tap and not necessarily an inability to "download mail". That may sound kinda silly but, assuming you've already rebooted to see if that clears the problem,

1. Have you changed press on an account to get email to say every 5 minutes. Then send yourself an email by another means to see if the TOUCHPAD gets it automatically. This will test for the ability to download email vs. a non response to your tap to manually get email.

2. I don't see how it would affect email either but, I gotta ask. Has email worked since you added Android?

Sorry, I don't know how I could be of anymore help. What you describe is not what I thought it could be. Glad I asked for more specifics.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDZEdge View Post
    Wow. That sounds weird and takes me in a completely different direction for suggestions. Sorry, I've never heard of that failure mode. If I'm interpreting this correctly, you've described a failure of the email app to register your "check for new mail" tap and not necessarily an inability to "download mail". That may sound kinda silly but, assuming you've already rebooted to see if that clears the problem,

1. Have you changed press on an account to get email to say every 5 minutes. Then send yourself an email by another means to see if the TOUCHPAD gets it automatically. This will test for the ability to download email vs. a non response to your tap to manually get email.

2. I don't see how it would affect email either but, I gotta ask. Has email worked since you added Android?

Sorry, I don't know how I could be of anymore help. What you describe is not what I thought it could be. Glad I asked for more specifics.
    rebooted and no better, the mail last worked 1 week ago (not 1mo as previously stated)...
    rebooted again and BINGO ...it's all bettah !!

sorry for the low level knowledge leading to stupid question...
    thanks for your detailed reply... this community is great and deserves a good future for the devices...
    Awesome! Glad it's all bettah!