Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi ! I'm engineer and WebOS fan.
    I'm introducing Gears Designer for WebOS. It's an Engineering tool. It calculates all dimensions and transferred output power of a spur gearing system. A strength check can also be performed based on tooth stress and fatigue effects.The application works only with Metric system. GD is WebOS exclusive and is free!
    I know, it's a very specific area, engineering is not like medical, but I hope anyone enjoy this work.
    If someone is interested in more apps like this, and colaborate, or make suggestions, please contact me.

mobileng@mobileng.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by pitsop; 01/13/2012 at 01:11 AM.
    Even though I personally don't need this app I want to thank you for developing apps for webOS.
    Gears Designer is where?
  4.    #4  
    Here: mobileng.com

And here: http://developer.palm.com/appredirec....gearsdesigner

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Rnp likes this.
    Australia not listed as an available country.
    Really nice... this is a truly unique and well made application. Congratulations!
    Game over!
  7.    #7  
    John, the App was submitted everywhere. Please, I'd like to know if tomorrow is not yet available there. Thanks!
    Last edited by pitsop; 12/21/2011 at 01:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pitsop View Post
    John, the App was submitted everywhere. Please, I'd like to know if tomorrow is not yet available there. Thanks!
    I'll let you know. You would probably get the info from the country dropdown in the online Catalog.
    I now see it in the App Catalog and was able to install it. (Australia is still not in the online Catalog drop-down though).

It's great to see such high quality applications (and free too) still being submitted to the webOS App Catalog. There's hope yet!
  10.    #10  
    Thank you all for your support and for your good rating in the App Catalog.
    A new version of Gears Designer (GD) has been submitted with new features. Now you can create reports of your calculations.

I hope you like it.

PD: GD for WebOS is free. If anybody find it useful and want to collaborate you can send a donation to lluis.majo@gmail.com Paypal account. Thanks!
    Last edited by pitsop; 01/13/2012 at 01:13 AM.
    Hi... that's a great update that I got today...

There used to be a nice app for PalmOS for selecting and analyzing tolerances, maybe you could look into an equivalent webOS app for that?

Here is the link to the PalmOS software called ISOFits: ISOFits
    Game over!
    I think webOS users always welcome any new app submitted on app catalog.

The more apps available, the more webOS can live longer.
  13.    #13  
    Hi GreenHex.
    Thank you for your proposal. Coincidentally I'm working on a "Iso Tolerances App" for 2 months. Too much work for my little free time but I have not stopped.
    GreenHex likes this.
    Wow! Wow! Wow! I eagerly await the release of the tolerances app. If Gears Designer is anything to go by, this one is going to be just as great!.

I wish I could help out in any way possible (I used have several PalmOS apps). But I just got hands on the Pre 2 and am not very proficient in Javascript; not of the level required to produce apps of the quality of Gears Designer.
    Game over!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Wow! Wow! Wow! I eagerly await the release of the tolerances app. If Gears Designer is anything to go by, this one is going to be just as great!.

I wish I could help out in any way possible (I used have several PalmOS apps). But I just got hands on the Pre 2 and am not very proficient in Javascript; not of the level required to produce apps of the quality of Gears Designer.
    ISO Tolerances has been submitted to the App Catalog. Waiting for aproval. ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    GreenHex likes this.
    Pitsop, may I just thank you for Gears and ISO tolerances? They're both excellent and well designed.

Myself, I have no use for either really as I don't run across either too much in my line of work (Remote Sensing), but I am truly appreciative that you're making apps for webOS, especially ones of such quality.
    ISO Tolerances has been submitted to the App Catalog. Waiting for aproval. ;-)

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I'd gladly buy this app. But HP made it impossible as I'm not in one of those privileged countries. I'd could make an offline payment or donation to get my hands on the app!

Edit: I just saw it in the catalogue. Who do I have to kill to get it?

Last edited by GreenHex; 03/13/2012 at 11:23 AM.
    Game over!
  18.    #18  
    Thanks Saijin_Naib! People like you is what encourages me to continue.
    Palm phones were professional tools, anyone remember?
    p41m3r likes this.
  19.    #19  
    Hi GreenHex.!
    Where are you from?
    Hi GreenHex.!
    Where are you from?
    India...
    Game over!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast