Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Bought both. Certainly worth it at this price. Specially when you get to share the apps between 'three' TouchPads in the family.
    how? All on same account?
    Quote Originally Posted by laserboy View Post
    how? All on same account?
    Yes. All using the same profile. How else?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    if the touchpad is like the phone vers than it is definitely worth .99 I paid 5 bucks for the phone vers.. And while its great game, not worth 5 bucks

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    99 cents is exactly what it's worth.

Damn, that game is soooooo unpolished.
    I hate the mirrored mime wiggling the characters do when they're supposed to 'interact' on screen, and the faces that slide onto the screen. Let alone the crappy environment modelling, and the extremely linear gameplay.
    It's a big game name, and a very small effort.
    thanks, grabbed AC and Asphalt 6 too great fun games for a buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    99 cents is exactly what it's worth.

Damn, that game is soooooo unpolished.
    I hate the mirrored mime wiggling the characters do when they're supposed to 'interact' on screen, and the faces that slide onto the screen. Let alone the crappy environment modelling, and the extremely linear gameplay.
    It's a big game name, and a very small effort.
    jeeze dude.
    what do you want for a dollar?
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by looktall View Post
    jeeze dude.
    what do you want for a dollar?
    a $1 mcChicken made out of rubber and playdough!!
    Who says I paid a dollar, jeeze dude?
    what do you want for $4.99?

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    What!! you pad more than a dollar? Jeez dude!
    what do you want for $4.99?

Quote Originally Posted by ak1229 View Post
    What!! you pad more than a dollar? Jeez dude!
    Jeez dudes, I paid 2.99. Which is a tremendous amount of money for someone who usually gets his console games for free. Jeeeeezzzzz
    I paid a dollar (jeez!) and it's pretty fun, but could be better, for sure. I think the controls on the TouchPad version of this game lack the ability of some other platforms. I'm currently stuck and I don't think I can execute the necessary maneuver with the on-screen TouchPad controls.

I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong. I'm in the sewer, level 4-2. I made it to the top of the rope ladder and am trying to jump over the water drains, but can't. Has anyone made it past that point?
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

Jeez dudes, I paid 2.99.
    what's that in real money?
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeydog View Post
    I'd love it if someone could prove me wrong. I'm in the sewer, level 4-2. I made it to the top of the rope ladder and am trying to jump over the water drains, but can't. Has anyone made it past that point?
    are you still stuck?

i've just made it past that point.

it wasn't overly difficult.
    start at the left drain and jump onto the blocks in between the drains.
    can't give you much more advice than that.
    are you still stuck?

i've just made it past that point.

it wasn't overly difficult.
    start at the left drain and jump onto the blocks in between the drains.
    can't give you much more advice than that.
    I never made it past that point, but my kid somehow accomplished it for me. I tried about 80 times. WHAT to do was never the question, but HOW to do it was. There are only so many ways you can say "jump to the right" and if every time you do it you fall, you can't exactly learn what you're doing wrong.

Those are my gripes with this game: 1) it really leads you by the nose, telling you which way to go and how to get from A to B, 2) the on-screen controls lack the precision to execute fine maneuvers (as compared to a hardware game controller), and 3) when you fail at a task there's no feedback as to what you're doing wrong so you just have to keep doing the same thing and hope for different results. Jumping from wall to wall is another example. I'm doing something wrong but there are no hints or feedback to help me learn. I had no problem the first time it came up, but can't seem repeat the stunt now.
    "The service on my iPhone is so bad I'm thinking of calling it my AOL phone." -- Jim Gaffigan

15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    I got stuck there for a bit, sometimes the jump button does a long jump, other times you just fall to your death - It was just random chance I made it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    To run, to get the long jump, it looks like you need a little bit of distance to go, and you need to push from the center of the controller to the far outside ringof the controller, getting there before you fall to your doom. At least, that's what it seemed like when I tried the free version of it as a demo.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Ugh I'm stuck at one point for so long that I don't think I will pass through it without help. :-(

So in 7-2 there is a jump where you need first jump to grab on the rope, and then swing the rope to jump to the other side. The jump is not the actual problem but the spike trap just by the edge of the other side where you will step right on once you climb up from the jump. I tried several ways to avoid the trap, such as trying moving around by the edge before climb up to go around the trap (couldn't get to the other edge however) and trying jumping from the top of the rope to see if it would jump farther (turned out jump even shorter). So how you guys pass through it...?

I haven't played in a while, but are you talking about the wall with the net that you "climb" and jump "backwards" to grab on the big block in the middle?

The whole area looks sorta like an alley? But surrounded by water?

Hopefully that made sense :-P

Can you take a screenshot?

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    I haven't played in a while, but are you talking about the wall with the net that you "climb" and jump "backwards" to grab on the big block in the middle?

The whole area looks sorta like an alley? But surrounded by water?

Hopefully that made sense :-P

Can you take a screenshot?

nope no net there. I think we're talking about different place. Screenshots are good suggestion. Here are the steps of how I died a thousand times. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.0 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (87.9 KB, 5 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (77.2 KB, 5 views)
    pretty sure i just jumped straight over that bit.
    you can increase the swing by moving the controller back and forth (like you would on a real swing).

you can get a pretty good arc happening and ultimately jump further.

i could be wrong since it's been a while since i was on that level (i finished the game the other night incidentally) and i may be thinking of a different location where i used that tactic.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast