Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    I'd like an app that lets me pin the web page I'm looking at to pinterest! Like the extension in google chrome.
    I'd even pay a little bit...

am I the only one?
    Last edited by BeckeyJane; 12/18/2011 at 01:15 PM.
    jeanjean likes this.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeckeyJane View Post
    I'd like an app that lets me pin the web page I'm looking at to pinterest! Like the extension in google chrome.
    I'd even pay a little bit...

am I the only one?
    I love Pinterest....I wish there was an app for it!
    not really pintrested .... sorry couldn't resist
  4.    #4  
    haRdy haR
    i can see it happening on webOs, would be nice!
    I created a menu choice for my wife to pin it on the context sensitive menu that pops up... you know the "copy to photos, share image, set wallpaper" one.

It only does pictures right now and is super simple. I can create a patch for you if you want. Do you have any patches already installed so I can make sure it will be compatible?
    Rnp likes this.
    Here is the patch. Let me know how you like it.

-Henri
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Rnp likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hkowalczyk View Post

-Henri
    Excellent. Just installed the patch on my wife's touchpad.

Thank you!

-Henri
    can you please tell me how to get this on my touchpad? Thanks!
    I LOVE pinterest and would love an app for it.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    From what I can see, there IS a Pinterest API. Note sure if it can be used with WebOS, but here's some info that someone much smarter than I probably understands:

"The API makes its data available via JSON only, with requests also wrapped as JSON. "

Edit: further research seems to indicate that the API has been pulled (for now.) Some pieces work for read-only purposes. According to some job postings, Pinterest is looking for someone to develop and maintain their API, so it will probably be released in the future.

- X
    Quote Originally Posted by grindstaff88 View Post
    can you please tell me how to get this on my touchpad? Thanks!
    if you have internalz installed, just email the patch file to your touchpad and open the attachment. It will patch the browser and will add a pin it popup menu choice
    Quote Originally Posted by meshellmylove View Post
    I LOVE pinterest and would love an app for it.
    you don't need an app. Just apply my patch and you can pin right from the browser.
    Im having an issue

The patch install suceeds, but it doesnt show up in the browser.
    It works perfectly in the Standard Browser, but does not appear in the Advanced browser.

Thanks for the patch! I'd go back to the Standard browser to pin.
    Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    Im having an issue

The patch install suceeds, but it doesnt show up in the browser.
    What items are listed on the context menu when you hold it on a picture? What other patches do you have installed? Let me know and I'll try to replicate the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiyva View Post
    It works perfectly in the Standard Browser, but does not appear in the Advanced browser.

Thanks for the patch! I'd go back to the Standard browser to pin.
    I don't have the advanced browser, but the patch is pretty simple so someone who has the advanced browser should be able to modify it easily.
    I don't have the advanced browser, but the patch is pretty simple so someone who has the advanced browser should be able to modify it easily.
    No photo copying code in the Browser.jsjsjs $of$ $the$ $Advanced$ $Browser$.
    you don't need an app. Just apply my patch and you can pin right from the browser.
    Actually an application would be useful. Whenever you get to the bottom of a page on Pinterest, it is supposed to be "fetching more pins," however it fails to ever do so. Basically you're stuck with what was loaded on the page initially.
    Current: OnePlus One, Nexus 10
    Retired: Palm Centro, Palm Pre+, HP Veer, HP TouchPad, Samsung Galaxy SIII, Moto X (2013), Nexus 7 (2012)

"It is better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by kryptonite_2448 View Post
    Actually an application would be useful. Whenever you get to the bottom of a page on Pinterest, it is supposed to be "fetching more pins," however it fails to ever do so. Basically you're stuck with what was loaded on the page initially.
    OK, that makes sense. I don't use pinterest so I didn't know what the expected behavior was. That looks to be a shortcoming of the browser on the touchpad.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast