1.    #1  
    l am trying to download the apps available on webOSnation, but was failed to do on my touchpad. Could any one guide me how to install. I am new to webOS. I had no difficulty in downloading apps from HP Apps Catalog but was not succeeded to download from webOSnation. Any one can help please.....
    anything not in the official HP app catalog can generally be installed from PreWare.

go to the cannuck coding forum to get quickinstall, and use that to install preware, which is essentially an app catalog for homebrew goodies and apps.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for your support. I went through the instruction. Before installing prewave , do I need to install webOS SDK version. Currently I am having webOS 3.0.4 on my touchpad. I tried to install directly on the touchpad but it won't let me do it. Do I need to connect the touchpad to PC in order to install SDK version. Please let me know???

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    anything not in the official HP app catalog can generally be ins2talled from PreWare.

go to the cannuck coding forum to get quickinstall, and use that to install preware, which is essentially an app catalog for homebrew goodies and apps.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    You don't need to install the SDK. You just need to get the device into developer mode (by typing "webos20090606" in Just Type, then click the Developer Mode Enabler that appears), connect the device to the computer, and start WebOS QuickInstall. It will install the Novacom drivers (which is the only thing you need from the SDK).

I recommend getting the WOSQI Homebrew Guide from the app catalog, it has full instructions, has a button to activate developer mode so you can skip the above step, and also is a cheap "thank you" to the creator of the app.

The first and most important thing you will use WOSQI for is to install Preware. There are other things you can do with WOSQI later on, but Preware lets you install homebrew apps and patches directly on the phone (without a connection to the computer).