Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I have Splashtop Remote and it works quite well.

I noticed they have CamCam recently and its on sale.

Questions:

1. Does it only stream a single camera, or can it stream multiple if you have a few configured to watch multiple areas in the house? If it does not currently, is this planned in the future?

2. I have a fairly powerful desktop and do not notice the Spashtop streamer taking too many system resources, though I hear this has been an issue for some. Does CamCam use the same streamer, or does CamCam require yet another resource hungry streamer to be installed? In the case of the later, anyone running both and what is your experience?

Thank you!
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Haven't installed Streamer elsewhere, but CamCam appears to receive one camera (with audio) at a time. Not sure whether multiple CamCam instances can be run concurrently.

The Streamer is common. CamCam doesn't appear to use a huge amount of resources, but then my laptop is quad-core with 8GB of ram and an SSD.

-
    Dan Donovan
    Dan Donovan
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks Dan.

I would not expect concurrent instances, but I wonder if you can leave one to go to another, or if that is planned?

If you run several IP cameras around the house to monitor areas either while you site at your home office desk, or you can log in via a remote web browser, it sure would be cool to be able to see those camera views now or in the future.

Anyone know?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    No, just one cam for the time being. Also, I haven't noticed it using too much of the system. I'm running a quad core i5 with 8GB RAM however.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    No, just one cam for the time being.
    Thanks Matt.

Does this mean more views are planned in the future that you know of?
    Presumably if you have multiple cameras you already have a monitoring system on the PC - if so just run that and view it using normal Splashtop.

Same if you've only got one, come to think of it.