Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes
    Not with version 1.0. However, you can launch app groups from app launcher using a launchpoint. Do you know where can I find " auto launch apps on start up" API ?

I'm not a dev so my answer is no. When they open source it I'm sure you will be able to get that api
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is this app going to get the alarm functionality that the phone version had?
    I don't know yet, because alarm API is not reliable in webOS, and it's hard to make it work fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by boucles0 View Post
    Starter is finally out ! Check youtube vidéo for demonstration :
    FANTASTIC!

Long time user of MAL on Pre+ & Pre2 -- now feeling the love on my TP!

NICE JOB!

Having giveth, he will now asketh ....

Wonder if you can add an option for a group to be "grouped" on launch - with the cards for all apps in the group overlapping (forget the right term). Given the large size of cards would make it easier to get to the one wanted in the launch set

I see some apps launch subsidiary links that way, so think the API might exist - yes?
    Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/17/2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typo
    Dave
    ... Not really and definitely willing to help.
    boucles0 likes this.
  4.    #24  
    FANTASTIC!

Long time user of MAL on Pre+ & Pre2 -- now feeling the love on my TP!

NICE JOB!
    Thanks !

Wonder if you can add an option for a group to be "grouped" on launch - with the cards for all apps in the group overlapping (forget the right term). Given the large size of cards would make it easier to get to the one wanted in the launch set
    there's no API on webOS to group cards. Creating groups of cards would slow down the process of opening apps. I've worked for MAL on pre to create an API to group cards, but it's really wonky, so I've never added it to the final release.
    Thanks !

there's no API on webOS to group cards. Creating groups of cards would slow down the process of opening apps. I've worked for MAL on pre to create an API to group cards, but it's really wonky, so I've never added it to the final release.
    If time to launch is the issue (and there is NOT likely to be the wonkiness of the Pre "solution" ...

Let me offer the following argument(s) in favor of making it happen - as a selectable option:

== I bet it won't take as much time as it does for me to manually "group" 5 apps
    == May not take as much time as it does to flip thru 5 to find the one I need.want
    == I would set up two Icons for each group - one with grouping - for daily startup AND one with no grouping - for speed

Just my thoughts - I always wanted grouping on the Pre (may have asked for it, cannot recall) - but the shorter, faster flip thru did not make it really a need.

On the TP - the larger card size makes it a need!

How I use "Starter" (and MAL):
    ......Note: I do system restart every morning - to clean the pipes

== Daily Startup - 5 apps
    == Information - 5 apps
    == Configure - 3 apps

I then group all 3 sets, and leave them up all day unless restart required - then have to relaunch the needed sets and regroup. Lotsa restarting as I try to stay up to date with all the patches, some mods of my own and flirting with KB modes, etc.

Adding the group option would really make my life a great deal easier - and perhaps that of other heavy users also.

Last edited by silverbackdave; 01/18/2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typos
    Dave
  6.    #26  
    Well, I prefer to add full working features, otherwise I get bad reviews.... However I'll work on this on the touchpad, maybe it would be easier (or not who knows?), but I don't promise anything

It's nice to know that many people like you are using my apps daily !
    Great app! One issue I am having is that the groups I create with URL's only launches two, although I have three in a group. The test launches the sites fine but when I launch as a full group, not all sites launch that I have saved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Well, I prefer to add full working features, otherwise I get bad reviews.... However I'll work on this on the touchpad, maybe it would be easier (or not who knows?), but I don't promise anything

It's nice to know that many people like you are using my apps daily !
    Cool- as long as it is on the list - even as a maybe - that's good by me.

Off to give you a stellar review - thanks for triggering that reminder.
    Dave
  9.    #30  
    Version 1.1.0 submitted to the app catalog and to Weekly App Hack !

What's new in version 1.1.0 ?

• Launch app groups with sensor mode ! Just hold the device to launch apps ! Video of this new feature :
    Starter : app hack winner ! HP webOS Developer Blog
    Congrats! There was some good competition. Orientation launching is a great idea.
    boucles0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ariker01 View Post
    Great app! One issue I am having is that the groups I create with URL's only launches two, although I have three in a group. The test launches the sites fine but when I launch as a full group, not all sites launch that I have saved.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    I'm having this same problem. I've created a group called "Forums", for the three forums I frequently visit, using the "Quick Actions" to add URLs to the stock browser. Only the first two of the three browsers are launched.

[strike]Creating and selecting a start button just launches the "Starter" app from which I must then launch the "Group". Seems like an extra step there. Am I missing something?[/strike] Never mind, my mistake, I figured this out.

In future, would it be able to launch all the apps in the same group in a single stack?

Otherwise, a nice app. Looking forward to enhancements.
    Last edited by QuayPad; 02/14/2012 at 07:25 AM.
    boucles0 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuayPad View Post
    I'm having this same problem. I've created a group called "Forums", for the three forums I frequently visit, using the "Quick Actions" to add URLs to the stock browser. Only the first two of the three browsers are launched.

[strike]Creating and selecting a start button just launches the "Starter" app from which I must then launch the "Group". Seems like an extra step there. Am I missing something?[/strike] Never mind, my mistake, I figured this out.

In future, would it be able to launch all the apps in the same group in a single stack?

Otherwise, a nice app. Looking forward to enhancements.
    Once you have created a Starter Group, go down to the symbols at the bottom of that group, press the STAR symbol, select the Launcher Icon color, and create the ICON
    Dave
  13.    #35  
    due to webOS limitation, you can only launch 2 webOS browsers at once (and 2 advanced browser)

If you have installed webOS Community Edition (LunaCE), starting a group of applications from the launcher shortcut will stack automatically all cards as shown in the following video :

Watch video :
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12