Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By twack
  • 1 Post By eblade
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Introducing 'MyLo'

Have you ever wanted to tell someone where you are but you don't know the address? Or, what if you got a flat tire on the freeway and there are no signs in site and you're in the middle of nowhere?

WackWare is happy to provide introduce 'MyLo', the my location app that lets you send quick texts or emails that include your location. What's really cool is that your location is encoded with a link to Google MapsŪ so the recipient can click the link and see where you are, and get turn by turn directions to come meet you.

What if it's an emergency? MyLo can send your location to a single or multiple email or text addresses. If you leave the MyLo App open or in card mode, the location windows will continue to update so you can just click 'Send' again to send an update of your location.

We have to say, "This is a must have App". You can purchase 'MyLo' today from the App catalog for only .99 US. It is designed for TouchPad, Pre, Veer, Pixi, or any device running webOS-Enyo and is location capable.

Link to the catalog site:
    https://developer.palm.com/appreciat....wackware.mylo

Screen Shots:

Last edited by twack; 12/14/2011 at 01:29 PM.
    TWack
    On my 4G TouchPad, Pre3 or Panda-Veer.
    If you like our patches, please consider donating to the cause.

|wackware|google+|facebook|twitter|shortcut|mylo|multiapp|flashfile|donate|
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    We would love hear how you use MyLo. Post your stories here!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    MyLo Testers,

The MyLo App has been released in the HP catalog and I will be sending out PromoCodes tomorrow evening as a show of appreciation. I also be including PromoCodes for our other new app, "MultiApp Launcher Lite".
    Thanks again
    TWack

If I buy this for my touchpad will it also install on my pre 3 as well? And if I send a text of my location do I have the option to send via gvoice app for google voice?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post
    If I buy this for my touchpad will it also install on my pre 3 as well? And if I send a text of my location do I have the option to send via gvoice app for google voice?

1. If your Pre3 is on the same profile, the answer is yes.
    2. If the gvoice app registers as a sms account app, the answer is yes again**.

**Note: This has not been tested. Which app are you using for gvoice?

Thanks in advance,
    TWack

Will this work via an external Bluetooth GPS receiver on TP's?
    Or is it hooked into Google's Wifispy location network?

Thank You..

~~~
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    Will this work via an external Bluetooth GPS receiver on TP's?
    Or is it hooked into Google's Wifispy location network?

Thank You..

~~~
    This has not been tested under this configuration. But as long as other GPS apps work under the conditions decribed, this should too. Please report back here when you find out.

Thanks in advance,
    TWack

OK.. looking 4ward to promo.
    'Navit' doesn't but apparently Maptool Pro' does.
    It also has an option to 'switch' from internal to external (BT) GPS.
    Does 'MyLo' also?
    In other words can it locate itself when out of Google's pre-mapped Wifi 'jurisdiction' range/zones and whilst instead using a mobile Wifi/Modem hotspot positioned 1 metre from the TP?

Thanks!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 12/14/2011 at 04:31 AM.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutoidi View Post
    OK.. looking 4ward to promo.
    'Navit' doesn't but apparently Maptool Pro' does.
    It also has an option to 'switch' from internal to external (BT) GPS.
    Does 'MyLo' also?
    In other words can it locate itself when out of Google's pre-mapped Wifi 'jurisdiction' range/zones and whilst instead using a mobile Wifi/Modem hotspot positioned 1 metre from the TP?

Thanks!

Please PM me with your email. I'd like to set you up to test this if you don't mind.

TIA,
    TWack

Yes I will be using the same profile for my pre 3
    And the name of the google voice app I'm using is called gvoice.

Quote Originally Posted by twack View Post
    Please PM me with your email. I'd like to set you up to test this if you don't mind.

TIA,
    Done.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot View Post

I've got a way to do this sitting on my TODO list, right after HP gets around to telling me why they haven't approved the current update for TouchPads, but did for Pre, and we get that fixed. It'd be up to twack to implement calling it, but I'd be happy to work with him (and anyone else) on that.

(as is, I guess someone could hijack the Just Type function, but at the moment, that only supports pre-filling a number OR a message, not both)
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I've got a way to do this sitting on my TODO list, right after HP gets around to telling me why they haven't approved the current update for TouchPads, but did for Pre, and we get that fixed. It'd be up to twack to implement calling it, but I'd be happy to work with him (and anyone else) on that.

(as is, I guess someone could hijack the Just Type function, but at the moment, that only supports pre-filling a number OR a message, not both)
    MyLo uses any accounts registered as messaging apps you have on your device. There is no need to implement anything. If the app is registered as a MMS/SMS account app, it will just work. :-) If the app is not registered as a MMS/SMS account there is no way to call it. :-(

eblade, PM me your email.
    Last edited by twack; 12/14/2011 at 05:41 PM.
    TWack

That would be great, but I've not yet got anything working in Synergy, and the fact that not one person has released a single Synergy product other than a sports calendar, I'm questioning if it's even actually possible to do that sort of thing from third party.

So, until I or someone else figures that out, I'll make a cross-app launch call that will work. Sending PM
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    vijay_raptor likes this.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    That would be great, but I've not yet got anything working in Synergy, and the fact that not one person has released a single Synergy product other than a sports calendar, I'm questioning if it's even actually possible to do that sort of thing from third party.

So, until I or someone else figures that out, I'll make a cross-app launch call that will work. Sending PM
    That would be cool. I have the google voice API but have not looked at it in a while. I'm sure I need to get the latest. Also I have a couple of Google Voice powered PBX's running here with access to the jingle stuff. But, like I said, its been a while since I touched any of that.

Cheers!!!
    TWack

This what I love about WebOS, developer working together and not fighting over who kang who code keep up the good work guys!