Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I am trying to decide on Voogle3 or GVoice Pre. I ONLY use my GoogleVoice for texting with a small group.
    Until very recently I used Voogle2 but then it stopped logging into Google. In the meantime I have just been using Google's mobile web site. This is on my PrePlus.

So can anyone tell me which app is better for texting?

Thanks.
    I can't even pretend to tell you which is better per se, considering that I am the author of GVoice, and I haven't used Voogle. But I will give you some idea of how I use it.

Before I got my Pre, I was using GVoice exclusively on my TouchPad, as my sole text messaging function. Now that I also have a Pre2, I have all my texts forwarded from Google Voice to the Pre2's regular messaging system, and I have notifications turned off in GVoice, as well as the refresh times set to a really low period (like 5 minutes in foreground, and 15 minutes in background).

I still generally use the TouchPad to handle my texting, using GVoice, however if I don't have my TouchPad close by, I can respond directly from the phone using either the built in Messaging app or GVoice. I can always start a conversation or make a call using GVoice on either device.

I actually got to try this out all the way around yesterday, someone had called my Google number, and left me a Voicemail while I was out at a supermarket, and I had my Pre and my TouchPad with me - I opened FreeTether on the Pre, tethered my TouchPad to it, loaded GVoice on the TouchPad, listened to the Voicemail, and then used GVoice to tell it to originate a call back using my Pre. Google called my Pre, and connected me back to the other person straight away.

But, I mostly use it for texting. Since I have a TouchPad, I mostly use that for texting, as I truly despise the Pre keyboard.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    You can do all of that w/ voogle 3.0 .. jus sayin
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    I'm curious about this too.

Both Voogle 3 and Gvoice have been updated recently.

What's the difference between the two?