1.    #1  
    Hello,

is there any application that could be installed to add a local answering machine on the phone ?

Thanks in advance
  2.    #2  
    Ehm, up...
    Global Posts
    249 Global Posts
    so you can screen calls ? or just for ppl to leave messages?
  4.    #4  
    Ach, lost track of this ... ehm....

either to screen calls or to record messages, or both
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I remember looking for something like this but I think there is no public facing API to do this in webOS. There are not many mobile OS that allow for on-device answering machines. I agree, this would be excellent to have.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by kingstu View Post
    I remember looking for something like this but I think there is no public facing API to do this in webOS. There are not many mobile OS that allow for on-device answering machines. I agree, this would be excellent to have.
    Mah, if so.. if I may... it's a laughable situation. I've had more than one normal (not smart) phone that had inside a full answering machine, starting with a sony well before year 2000.

And, with all due respect for whoever will read this, personally I can care the less for any answering machine service offered either by a provider or by a 3rd party "online". I've never agreed to pay to listen to a message that someone left (and had to pay to leave)
    Another perspective:
    If there is an app that can screen what your calls, any app can do it. And you'll never be sure if that super duper free game you just installed won't spy on you for the rest of your smartphones life...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfonso View Post
    Another perspective:
    If there is an app that can screen what your calls, any app can do it. And you'll never be sure if that super duper free game you just installed won't spy on you for the rest of your smartphones life...
    I cannot agree with this. Symbian is full of answering machine applications...