Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By eblade
  1.    #1  
    http://www.androidcentral.com/handst...world-develope

So according to this androidcentral article Blackberry is getting a big app boost from Handster. I hope HP can work out a deal with Handster because the big thing lacking (besides new devices) is apps on webOS. If I knew the fate of webOS I would say lets send request to Handster. With the uncertainty I hate to possibly waste their time. Does this look like a possibilty for webOS? Shouldn't these Android apps be just as easy to port over to webOS?
    All they are doing is repackaging them to run in RIM's version of Alien Dalvik. Probably a service that costs developers X amount of money, and costs them about a dollar or so.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Vistaus likes this.
  3.    #3  
    Would that be just as easy for webOS?
    Well, first I imagine that you have to purchase the license to Alien Dalvik, and then port Alien Dalvik to run under webOS . . or write your own Dalvik clone.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: