1.    #1  
    I've set up Paper Mache and love how it renders text. Beautiful. Now if only I could get it to work offline!

I tried changing the sync settings under Preferences so that it only syncs manually rather than every 4 hours. But that didn't fix the problem - whenever I start the app while I am away from my WiFi network, it fails to start up - the splash screen just slowly pulsates indefinitely.

Is there a problem with the app or with the user?
    Quote Originally Posted by popsickyl View Post
    I've set up Paper Mache and love how it renders text. Beautiful. Now if only I could get it to work offline!

I tried changing the sync settings under Preferences so that it only syncs manually rather than every 4 hours. But that didn't fix the problem - whenever I start the app while I am away from my WiFi network, it fails to start up - the splash screen just slowly pulsates indefinitely.

Is there a problem with the app or with the user?
    Its likely a problem with webOS and the only solution is to restart your TouchPad.

There is a webOS bug where one of the storage system types in webOS (webSQL) -- where it just stop working. Attempting to connect to storage hangs on all connections. This affects all applications on the device using this storage type.

So PaperMache, when attempting to startup the offline cache, hangs waiting for that call to return, but it never does.

The fix at this point is to restart your TouchPad - hold down the power button, select shutdown, then when its done hold it down again until it begins restarting.

This is an issue that is specific to 3.0.4 and is likely fixed in the next webOS release.
    I'm also preparing a new beta release that detects this connection hang in Paper Mache, but all it can do is tell you to restart your TouchPad to fix it.

If rebooting does not fix this, please contact me via email and I can help debug further.
    --
    @ryanwatkins

Paper Mache / @papermacheapp
    http://www.ryanwatkins.net/software/papermache/
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwatkins View Post
    Its likely a problem with webOS and the only solution is to restart your TouchPad.

There is a webOS bug where one of the storage system types in webOS (webSQL) -- where it just stop working. Attempting to connect to storage hangs on all connections. This affects all applications on the device using this storage type.

So PaperMache, when attempting to startup the offline cache, hangs waiting for that call to return, but it never does.

The fix at this point is to restart your TouchPad - hold down the power button, select shutdown, then when its done hold it down again until it begins restarting.

This is an issue that is specific to 3.0.4 and is likely fixed in the next webOS release.
    I'm also preparing a new beta release that detects this connection hang in Paper Mache, but all it can do is tell you to restart your TouchPad to fix it.

If rebooting does not fix this, please contact me via email and I can help debug further.
    That did the trick Thanks, Ryan!