Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stumblinh
  1.    #1  
    Powernap looks great, but no TP version and it's been about 4 months since the developer said he was working on it, so I'm not holding my breath.

I have LCARS looks good, but it's not that functional for every day use.

Would like something simple with a digital read out for my kids.

Any suggestions? I've looked in the catalog and researched past posts on this subject, bu maybe I'm missing something.
    The native alarm clock app on the TouchPad wakes me up Mon-Fri at 3:45 AM flawlessly. As a back up.......just in case…… I use my Pre-……also flawlessly, at 4AM.(Some may or may not find that humorous)

I know there are several threads about alarm clock issues across all webOS devices, I've even come across it myself on an older Pre, but everything seems to be working well for me now.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Does powernap, or any alarm clock app, would work when device is off? I didn't know alarm clock in webOS wouldn't work when device is off before and missed an appointment for that...

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by matchqq View Post
    Does powernap, or any alarm clock app, would work when device is off? I didn't know alarm clock in webOS wouldn't work when device is off before and missed an appointment for that...

I doubt it, but if you put your device into Airplane Mode with the screen off, it's the next best thing not to mention the time difference of a power on versus turning Airplane Mode off.
    simple clock is by far the best bar none... Merry xmas

Get the charging dock and run in exhibition mode for one of the best alarm clocks available

Last edited by stumblinh; 12/05/2011 at 10:50 PM.
    smooth3006 likes this.
    I like Timepiece - works wonderfully on my Pre 2, with device off and airplane mode on. The developer is putting the finishing touches on a TP-optimized version.

Katie
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I like Timepiece - works wonderfully on my Pre 2, with device off and airplane mode on. The developer is putting the finishing touches on a TP-optimized version.

Katie
    you mean when device is turned off, timepiece is able to boot up the device and has the alarm go off right?

Stock alarm clock on 1.4.5 and 2.1.0 works fine on my Pre, on TouchPad, nothing works. at all. Because my clock is rarely if ever on time. And because no app can control the volume, and the volume on the TouchPad ranges anywhere from "where I last left it" to "maximum at all times" to "always muted".

I don't think it's possible to use a TouchPad as a reliable alarm.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by un_designer View Post
    there's also Whendel.
    What's Whendel? Looked in the app catalog and preware.

Thanks.
    I've had issues with my alarms disappearing from my Pre2, so I use that alarm only as a back up. I use my TouchPad and an alarm clock across the room to get me up (I obviously am not a morning person)
  11.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by stumblinh View Post
    simple clock is by far the best bar none... Merry xmas

Get the charging dock and run in exhibition mode for one of the best alarm clocks available

Click to view quoted image
    Simple clock looks nice, but with the weather part of the app down, it looks bad with half the screen empty. The developer hasn't fixed the problem for over a month now since it went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlothSprint View Post
    Simple clock looks nice, but with the weather part of the app down, it looks bad with half the screen empty. The developer hasn't fixed the problem for over a month now since it went down.
    I just took that picture, weather works fine for me.... No issues with any part of the app.
    I had alarm issues...actually started a thread about it.

I purchased Simple Clock and it is awesome. I have never had a problem with the alarm or the weather not working. I wish the screen could go a little darker, but that is HP's fault.

Highly recommend this alarm.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if timepiece or other clock app has countdown and stop timer features?

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $Timepiece$ $does$ $not$ $have$ $that$ $functionality$. $It$'$s$ $just$ $an$ $alarm$ $clock$ ($and$ $a$ $very$ $good$ $one$ $IMO$).