1.    #1  
    am I the only one who would find this useful?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Nope, I'm with you on this one ;-)
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
    What are you hoping to do with this? Apps that are designed to, can respond to orientation changes just fine. If you start Exhibition via the Exhibition Preferences app, you can hold it in your hand and see the orientation changes. Also, this all only applies to the Touchpad (as the phone devices only do the portrait orientation for Exhibition).
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    am I the only one who would find this useful?
    Which program are you talking about?
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by appsotutely View Post
    What are you hoping to do with this? Apps that are designed to, can respond to orientation changes just fine. If you start Exhibition via the Exhibition Preferences app, you can hold it in your hand and see the orientation changes. Also, this all only applies to the Touchpad (as the phone devices only do the portrait orientation for Exhibition).
    My bad, I was thinking Pre 3... Not TP. On the Pre 3, the clock exhibition always stays in portrait mode for example
    HP Pre 3 not capable to display names of people calling in
    Touchpad with cracked case
  6.    #6  
    currently, exhibition mode only stays on the selected app. I would like it to cycle through a list of apps.
    Last edited by upsidedown; 12/06/2011 at 11:52 AM. Reason: tgpo
    Quote Originally Posted by upsidedown View Post
    currently, exhibition mode only stays on the selected app. I would like it to cycle through a list of apps.
    And that's why it helps to fully explain your idea - much less room for mistaken interpretation! I think automatically switching between multiple Exhibition apps would be a great idea, but it's not at all designed into the current Exhibition "mode". Unfortunately, if I recall, Exhibition mode isn't exposed at all in webapp form, so no patching is possible.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    yes that's what's missing from exhibition mode . Shame it can't shuffle the aps id pay for that patch
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    id pay for that too, essential for exhibition mode
    I've got at least one Exhibition mode app for phones, that can do Landscape, it's a Fireplace app. but not too many seem to. Then again, i don't try it too much - the phones are a bit awkward in landscape. the TouchPad should've been built for landscape, though.

I would totally pay for an app to do this too, but I think it'd be limited to having to be a Preware app at the moment - one could write an app that would run in Exhibition mode, and trigger other exhibition mode apps. However, it may not be easy or possible to actually kill one when triggering a new one.. hmm..
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are: