Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    Not possible to set it as default for docs/pdfs right?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Not yet

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    Is there no way to just type in a selected cell on a spreadsheet? It seems you have to get the popup menu, then choose formatting options, then choose edit/change to type options just to enter text into a blank cell? Sure wish we could just tap on a cell and start typing text into it. Perhaps I'm missing something?
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am sorry but I disagree. Picsel is responsible for their app and for the money that they have taken from me. First of all, why is it that their app is the only one amongst thousands of webOS apps, to have this problem? Even if there is a webOS problem with purchase verification, then Picsel should find an alternate way to do the verification. If they are unable to find a working alternate, then they should eliminate the verification process from their app. This would be more ethical than making their paying customers suffer. But obviously Picsel would much rather rip off their customers, than risk having a few people pirate their app.
    I am sorry, but you're wrong. Do you have to deal with HP as a developer? I do, and it's a big pain. Every once in a while, a developer comes on the developer forum and says, "hey, my download numbers are very different from my tracking numbers, what gives?" And all they can say is, "probably piracy, sorry." Then they provide this API to give developers some protection, and they put it out half-baked. "Sorry, looks like it's having problems with verification, we'll get to it eventually."

Why is their app the only one among thousands to have this problem? Maybe because they don't want people stealing their $10 app? The NDrive app is also vulnerable to this problem, and when they're charging $50 for their app, you bet they don't want it to be pirated. And who says they're not working on an alternative? As HP shows, verification takes time and money to perfect, and Picsel might not be dedicating as much time and money to webOS as they would to other platforms. Just be glad they're dedicating any time at all. Eliminating verification would not be ethical. It would open up the app to be pirated on every single pirate site out there, not just "a few people". Or is that what you prefer would happen?

Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Is there no way to just type in a selected cell on a spreadsheet? It seems you have to get the popup menu, then choose formatting options, then choose edit/change to type options just to enter text into a blank cell? Sure wish we could just tap on a cell and start typing text into it. Perhaps I'm missing something?
    As far as I could tell, the only way is to choose edit/change.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    You're not missing anything.
    You're not missing anything.
    really? On the touchpad... I tap on a blank cell (formatting options pop up) I tap on the top menu to bring up the keyboard and type.. I would think on phones you would be able to skip the keyboard step.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    will it work offline?
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I can't find this in the app catalog for Veer.

Is it only Pre 2 & 3?
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    will it work offline?
    Works offline for me. The only thing you need to be connected for are Google Docs and Dropbox. Unfortunately, you can't sync changes back so being connected isn't really needed anyway.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kamalot View Post
    I can't find this in the app catalog for Veer.

Is it only Pre 2 & 3?
    It's not available for the Veer yet, but I asked about it on twitter. They replied back that they do plan to release an update that will be available for the Veer as well. Picsel has been great about answering questions/supporting Smart Office via twitter. Take care.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Just be glad they're dedicating any time at all.
    I appreciate the fact that they have released their app for an OS that may not have much of a future. But even then, they are still not doing anyone any favors and the only reason they have released this app for webOS, is that they were already invested in it's development before the announcement by Leo. It was a simple business decision, taking into account the investment already made and what they calculated they could still make from selling the app to the alread yexisting consumer base. So, please don't make it sound like a charitable endeavor. More importantly, once they have taken money for their app, they are both, legally and morally obliged to support the app. Maybe not to develop the app any further, but most certainly it is their legal and moral obligation to make sure that the app at least works for those who have paid 'good' money for the app..

Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    Eliminating verification would not be ethical. It would open up the app to be pirated on every single pirate site out there, not just "a few people". Or is that what you prefer would happen?
    Please, let's not even bring up "ethical". So you think it is ethical for them to be selling and taking people's money for an app, that does not even start for many customers. There is absolutely nothing unethical about selling an app that does not use verification. Because if that was the case, then several thousand other webOS apps are also unethical. On the other hand, what is truly unethical, is for a company to deny it's paying customers the right to use an app, simply to prevent some unscrupulous people from pirating the app. This, in fact is not just unethical, but is also just plain bad business. Maybe, they and you, need a refresher course in marketing.
    Last edited by Sanjay; 12/07/2011 at 02:06 PM.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    capape likes this.
    Anyone notice they said it's supposed to be one version for both phones and tablets?

https://developer.palm.com/appredire...tionid=1000135

"Smart Office™ is intelligent, it adapts to your device with UI included in the application developed to know whether you are using a Tablet or Smartphone."

I wonder what happened to that and it became two separate versions.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Neither of which work very well, unfortunately. Wierd interface, attrocious password fields to log on to GoogleDocs, and Copy/Paste doesn't wrkwith rest of TouchPad. I had high hopes, but after buying PSO for Pre3 and TouchPad, end up using QuickOffice on TouchPad and Google Docs on Pre3. Disappointing.

- Sent from my HP webOS TouchPad -
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    Touchpad:
    I love Piscel Office app, but it seems to only sync up with internal document folders, dropbox account, and Google documents.

Does anyone know when there will be a patch or update to allow integration with your box.net account?
    Well that was not a success..... I tried installing Smart Office on my Pre3 and got the Red Screen of Death. Upon reading some people had luck changing SIMs, I tried that and now the app has diappeared from the launcher, but the App Catalogue still prompts me to 'Launch' but no option to 'Remove'.

If I go to the Software Manager, Smart Office is not listed under Apps, but there is a blank square in 'Other' with 1.8.4 as the version number. If I try to swipe to delete, I get the options 'Delete' and 'Cancel' but clicking on either of these does nothing and I have to close the Software Manager app to get out of it!

How do I delete the remnants of this app? And get a refund whilst I'm at it!
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    The only thing I need to figure out is to open E-mail attached files. Keeps opening the built in apps (specifically PDF View) which throws an error when I try to open anything.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    I was disappointed to find that I cannot log-in to Dropbox & Google Docs on my Pre. (same as my TP) I bought on the assumption that Picsel will continue development. Hopefully my faith is not misplaced.
  17. Ce
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I also can't log in at my Google docs account. Also the gesture area does not work in PSO. When I want to switch between docs I have to close and restart PSO. When in a document the top bar disappears so when I want to go back to the documents list I have to close and restart PSO again...tapping the top of the screen does not bring back the buttons. This app is absolutely no fun to use and I regret spending the money. It almost seems like an unfinished product.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    The only thing I need to figure out is to open E-mail attached files. Keeps opening the built in apps (specifically PDF View) which throws an error when I try to open anything.
    Since PSO is a pdk app, you have to save the attachment to your internal drive & then open the document from w/ in PSO. It can't be set to automatically recognize/open documents from w/ in webOS.
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ce View Post
    I also can't log in at my Google docs account. Also the gesture area does not work in PSO. When I want to switch between docs I have to close and restart PSO. When in a document the top bar disappears so when I want to go back to the documents list I have to close and restart PSO again...tapping the top of the screen does not bring back the buttons. This app is absolutely no fun to use and I regret spending the money. It almost seems like an unfinished product.
    For those having issues w/ using Google Docs, make sure you hold the option/shift key while you're typing characters that require it. My password has several characters like that & I was able to log in just fine w/ both accounts. Also again since this is a PDK app, it don't support "swipe" gestures for back, etc. Just tap the top part of the screen & you'll see the menu that provides you w/ the back/home/help options. It might not be as "integrated" into webOS as we'd all like, but one thing is a plus & that is if you use PSO on other platforms, it pretty much operates the same way. I use it on android as well as webOS. Hope that helps & at least we can finally edit documents/spreadsheets on our phones. I for one have been waiting for it for a while. Take care.

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by kb7sqi View Post
    For those having issues w/ using Google Docs, make sure you hold the option/shift key while you're typing characters that require it. My password has several characters like that & I was able to log in just fine w/ both accounts.
    This does not solve my problem. I can successfully login elsewhere (including QuickOffice), just not in PSO.
    Last edited by johncc; 12/22/2011 at 01:16 AM.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast