1.    #1  
    Hi,
    is there any way to create folders in the email app? e.g. private, business, friends etc?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What e-mail host are you using?

What I find is that with exchange, hotmail, and gmail, I have to create the folder on the server and it will appear in my webOS device following a sync.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  3.    #3  
    I have only pop3 email server, and with pop3 its not possible to create folders on the server.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I assumed you had a non-pop, with the question you asked. I have pop also and as far as I know you are correct, sorry.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Quote Originally Posted by veerona View Post
    I have only pop3 email server, and with pop3 its not possible to create folders on the server.
    Most pop3 servers these days have a webmail option.. typically if you login on the webmail option you can create a folder on the server, not just on the email client you login with. Typically go to 'manager folder' option, then make any new ones you want. Some times there is even a drop down for it right in the main email area.
  6.    #6  
    @stumblinh
    tnx. That does not work for my email server, cause its an very old account and i asked my provider if its possible.I have to upgrade to another rate for using imap, but it would 3times more expensiv against my old.
    So wondering i am the only one who lives in jurassic parc, long time behind.
    Nevertheless it looks like i will not get success for this problem.
    One folder to archive the emails would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by veerona View Post
    @stumblinh
    tnx. That does not work for my email server, cause its an very old account and i asked my provider if its possible.I have to upgrade to another rate for using imap, but it would 3times more expensiv against my old.
    So wondering i am the only one who lives in jurassic parc, long time behind.
    Nevertheless it looks like i will not get success for this problem.
    One folder to archive the emails would help.
    Why not just open a live (hotmail) account... you can set it up to also grab your mail from your pop3 server and then you will have the ability to add extra folders and more advance functions with in it. This will also let you setup just your live account on the touchpad as exchange and then you can enjoy the benifit of having your contacts etc all sync'ed up online as well.

Just a thought...
  8.    #8  
    @stumblinh

So, i am a bit paranoic.
    I dont like to share my data anywhere around. I `m always switching off as much as possible giving my personal data away eg. no backups on HP-Server, no Clouds. fake facebook, twitter accounts and so on.
    I am in business with my provider for several years and thats ok.i rust him. ( More or less ).
    For fun and spam mails i have several accounts with a lot of free mailer, thats not the point.But my private email should be private.
    If there will be no result for different folders, i think i have to change to Imap with my accounts.