Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree23Likes
    yes, a few warp cores after killing the boss would seam reasonable.. it's a big ship and warps directly in to the battle, so it must need several warp cores to pull that off right? Surely Piddles the Purple Cat must agree with that logic. Especially if you have to face a boss with no powerup, you're going to have some big dents in the hull when it's over so some patch work seems a fitting reward.

I have gotten to like 1.3 better, though I've still not even come close to my routine mid-30's finishes in 1.1.
    i like the new demo model you have up, the academy, imho tho the name doesnt imply its a try/demo model at first glance, its only when you read all the smallprint/info at the end, where it mentions to get the full game if you liked academy.
    while trawling through my games to see what touchpad apps can be mashed onto my pre3, i note that quixotic does actually launch and run perfectly on the pre3, its just far too large to play or select any menu except the topmost one, considering all (im betting its far from easy) you'd have to do is some form of ui rearranging, any chance you have a phone version planned at all?

After this thought i got bored and took 2 screenshots and did 10mins of playtime and did a mockup of what i thought a phone version of your app might look like with my terribad GIMP skills.

*fingers crossed for a future phone conversion*
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #104  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    while trawling through my games to see what touchpad apps can be mashed onto my pre3, i note that quixotic does actually launch and run perfectly on the pre3, its just far too large to play or select any menu except the topmost one, considering all (im betting its far from easy) you'd have to do is some form of ui rearranging, any chance you have a phone version planned at all?

After this thought i got bored and took 2 screenshots and did 10mins of playtime and did a mockup of what i thought a phone version of your app might look like with my terribad GIMP skills.

*fingers crossed for a future phone conversion*
    Interesting. I like your mock up... how the game's speed on your pre3?
    Steve Williams
    www.crushcrumble.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/CrushC...350768?sk=wall
    Check out our arcade defense shooter:
    Battlestation: Quixotic for HP Touchpad
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...games.quixotic
    fine i just cant see anything or play if it was like other pdk apps that scale to fit window height/width it would be more apparant, but i see your menu gfx and music all runnign fine, given that i have aftermath XHD (touchpad version) and several other touchpad games all force installed from apptuckerbox and they run fine im guessing yours would too, ive not played a single touchpad game (that scales/orients properly) that hasnt run pretty much the same as the touchpad speed wise.

Touchpad apps that work full speed on pre3

Tower Wars 2 - Scales/Correct Orientation
    Gun Brothers - Scales/Wrong Orientation
    Aftermath XHD - Scales/Correct Orientation
    Nearly Every Hexage Touchpad Game (Robotek/Hexage/Evac, etc) - Scales/Correct Orientation
    .....Plenty More

as long as they fit the screen/scale and rotate 90/orient correctly a LOT of stuff works fine from touchpad to pre3, maybe its because they are downscaling that their pretty much the same, who knows.
    Last edited by geekpeter; 03/03/2012 at 10:47 AM.
    when I tried it awhile back, the speed seemed ok for what little I could see. Performance shouldn't be an issue, given that the single core Pre3 CPU actually runs faster than the TouchPad's stock dual core (1.4Ghz vs 1.2Ghz), and I don't think most games make much use of the second core. I believe the graphics processor is also comparable, and the pre3 has a lot less screen to deal with. Honestly though, I can't really see a game like Quixotic translating to the Pre3 - in portrait mode there's not enough room for firing with both thumbs, and in landscape mode there's probably not enough vertical room for the game.

I'd welcome being proved wrong with a playable pre3 version though... I'd have more chance to play it on my phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    when I tried it awhile back, the speed seemed ok for what little I could see. Performance shouldn't be an issue, given that the single core Pre3 CPU actually runs faster than the TouchPad's stock dual core (1.4Ghz vs 1.2Ghz), and I don't think most games make much use of the second core. I believe the graphics processor is also comparable, and the pre3 has a lot less screen to deal with. Honestly though, I can't really see a game like Quixotic translating to the Pre3 - in portrait mode there's not enough room for firing with both thumbs, and in landscape mode there's probably not enough vertical room for the game.

I'd welcome being proved wrong with a playable pre3 version though... I'd have more chance to play it on my phone.
    your probably right, but looking at most games on the pre3, action stuff especially, you already have 2 thumb on the screen, usually the movement one and the other to jab buttons. If the devs a busy dood then yeah prolly not a great idea when he can move onto other things, if it worked tho u never know, hes got it on the ipad was it? if it did work doesnt that open up the iphone as well for sales. (IF it worked/translated well)

couple of games offhand i play on the pre3 i use both bigass thumbs of mine on to play/nav.

Aftermath XHD
    N.O.V.A
    Dungeon Hunter
    Hero of Sparta
    No Gravity
    Mini Squadron
    Blades of Fury
    Castle of magic
    Mad Maks 3D HD
    Caster
    Giddy3
    Earthworm Jim
    Tanked

hmm prolly more, but theres some.
    right, but all those games you mentioned are landscape mode, where there is enough room. I'm saying not enough room for both thumbs in portrait mode, and I don't think Quixotic would translate well to landscape mode. but again, I'd be perfectly happy to be wrong.

on second examination though, perhaps there is enough room at the bottom of the pre3 screen for dual thumb controls... it would have to be carefully executed, but could work.
    did u have a peek a few posts up at my mockup landscape picture? thats how i kinda saw it in landscape mode as a rough guess.
  10.    #110  
    It may be a possibility, I won't rule it out but I am about half-way through my next game so I'll be pretty tied up for the next month or so finishing up this project.

Cheers.
    Steve Williams
    www.crushcrumble.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/CrushC...350768?sk=wall
    Check out our arcade defense shooter:
    Battlestation: Quixotic for HP Touchpad
    https://developer.palm.com/appredire...games.quixotic
    Haven't heard from you in some time Steve. Any news on your next game, or Quixotic 1.4? Or have you thrown in the towel?

I still play Quixotic from time to time, but I can't seem to get back into the groove I was on in the early days. I get blowed up good pretty quick after the first boss level, I can't hardly remember what the second one looks like. Maybe I'll give it a good effort and see if I can get back to the 20's at least...
    geekpeter likes this.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456