Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
    Please bear with me as I've only joined this forum today and I'm fumbling around trying to fix the general MIME type error issue - which I'd hoped this thread would. I'm also very naive technically.

Nonetheless, after much headscratching, I've managed to figure out how to install 'install.sh' using Xterm and then the 'downloader' package using WOSQI. When I now try and download a pdf that previously returned a MIME type error, 'downloader' launches and I just get 'waiting for service to connect'. Am I basically trying to apply the wrong solution to my problem or have I gone wrong somewhere with the install?

Thanks so much for all your work on this. I'm finding this issue so frustrating as it pretty much renders my TP unfit for purpose.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dconeg View Post
    v0.0.6 still not working with blackboard, but different error message this time.
    Here is what the downloader app reads:

Target:
    http://(username) : (password)@blackboard.bu.edu:80/courses/1/11fallengbe401_a1/content/_1081280_1/Project3.pdf?bsession=10741832&bsession_str=session_id=10741832,user_id_pk1=458718,user_id_sos_id_pk 2=1,one_time_token.... (gets cut off)

Warning: Failed to create the file Warning: Project3.pdf?
    bsession=10741832&bsession_str=session_id=10741832,user_i Warning:
    d_pk1=458718,user_id_sos_id_pk2=1,one_time_token=: Invalid argument curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 1402)
    I got the exact same error from blackboard... The only minor difference is the end, where mine reads:
    Invalid argument curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 735)

Can anyone let me know what this means? (If you do know)

Thanks!
    Work this in pre 3?
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by marc25v View Post
    I got the exact same error from blackboard... The only minor difference is the end, where mine reads:
    Invalid argument curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 != 735)

Can anyone let me know what this means? (If you do know)

Thanks!

Actually I think I solved my own issue. I deleted the files without any extensions and weird file names in my /downloads folder and then tried again... Boom! It worked So weird. I hope it continues working!
    Quote Originally Posted by stuletley View Post
    Please bear with me as I've only joined this forum today and I'm fumbling around trying to fix the general MIME type error issue - which I'd hoped this thread would. I'm also very naive technically.

Nonetheless, after much headscratching, I've managed to figure out how to install 'install.sh' using Xterm and then the 'downloader' package using WOSQI. When I now try and download a pdf that previously returned a MIME type error, 'downloader' launches and I just get 'waiting for service to connect'. Am I basically trying to apply the wrong solution to my problem or have I gone wrong somewhere with the install?

Thanks so much for all your work on this. I'm finding this issue so frustrating as it pretty much renders my TP unfit for purpose.
    Devwithoutpower I'm having this same problem too, it just says "waiting for service to connect..." does that mean we are installing it wrong or that the site is not supported?
  6.    #66  
    "waiting for service to connect..." means app is not installed correctly ... or something is preventing service calling back JSJSJS ... $I$ $recommend$ $uninstalling$, $reboot$, $then$ $installing$ $again$
    Looks to me like 3.0.5 has broke this :/
  8.    #68  
    maybe they fixed default browser finally...
    I'm afraid I finally lost patience with webOS and just installed Android. Works perfectly and now I can finally open any attachments to my heart's content. I'll return to webOS when HP finally releases an update to fix it's shortcomings.

See How to install Google Android on the HP TouchPad (with CyanogenMod7) - Liliputing if you want Android.
  10.    #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aredon View Post
    Looks to me like 3.0.5 has broke this :/
    I just tested and it works same as before ... I just run uninstall.sh followed by reboot and install.sh (from extracted downloader-0.0.6.zip)

EDIT:Just checked BrowserApp.jsjsjs ... $and$ $is$ $it$ $same$ $in$ $3$.$0$.$5$ $as$ $in$ $3$.$0$.$4$ ... $so$ $it$ $should$ $work$ $the$ $same$
    Last edited by devwithoutpower; 01/13/2012 at 01:22 PM.
    I know this sounds REALLY stupid, but how do I install the patch on my device? When I run the file on my device through the computer, there's no program affiliated with the file.
    Quote Originally Posted by abscae View Post
    I know this sounds REALLY stupid, but how do I install the patch on my device? When I run the file on my device through the computer, there's no program affiliated with the file.
    You need to use Xterm, which will give you a Linux-style command line. From there, navigate to the .sh file and run it, again like you would a Linux program. So, yes, you need to have a little outside-the-box commandline knowledge, but you should have much trouble finding a how-to online. Hope this helps.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by devwithoutpower View Post
    "waiting for service to connect..." means app is not installed correctly ... or something is preventing service calling back JSJSJS ... $I$ $recommend$ $uninstalling$, $reboot$, $then$ $installing$ $again$
    On WebOS 3.0.5
    I get the same error here. Did what you said and still the same problem. I also tried to type my U:P. I get the target adress:

Code:
    Target:http://user: password@tice.uqar.ca/claroline_general/claroline/backends/download.php?
    url=LzAyX0NvdXJzXzlvMi5DZ0xhX2xhbmd1ZV9y6WRhY3Rpb25uZWxsZS5wcHR4&cidReset=true&cidReq=frn2200
    And nothing else happen after.

I notice the file name is still download.php.....
    Any word on this getting updated for 3.0.5?
    this is the message that i am getting when trying to download a correspondence file? in the past all i would get was unable to open a MIME file now after installing this patch this is the message i am getting

Target: https://(username):(password)@access...endocument.do?
    methoid=Generate%20report&ssn=(ss#)&corrld=10998704

Warning: Failed to create the file Warning: opendocument.do?
    methoid=Generate%20report&ssn=(ss#)&corrld=10998704 Warning: : Invalid argument curl: (23) Failed writing body (0 !=112)

is this because it is a secure site?
    Hi everyone, I have a TP currently running 3.05.

Would running this program on my TP solve my problem of not being able to open my university documents on "WebCT" - i believe this to be a version of blackboard. When i download documents i download "relative resource manager each time" and nothing works.

Gyrojoe has previously said this :-

"Alright, bad news for those having problems with RelativeResourceManager. This is another case of missing User-Agent. The requests to the server return HTTP 500 internal server error when no User-Agent is specified.

I've looked and there's no way to specify this using the HP download service. We need a fix from HP."

I'm a bit of a n00b and i'm sorry but would this program help me??

CT
    Downloader uses 'curl' utility for downloading - since there is option for curl to send User-Agent string - in theory it could work ... but it remains unknown if it works until you try ...

... and if your server expects some specific User-Agent string you may need to ask developer to add option for entering this string (same way as user/password can be entered)
    Not sure why this guy got banned, but I installed the newest file from OP and installed it on 3.0.5 and it works great. Restart after install is highly recommended. Oh, and apparently it won't install from wterm, can't get permissions. But Xterm/Xecutah works fine.
    Edit: I'm using on Blackboard btw...
    Last edited by jemojc; 04/06/2012 at 04:18 PM. Reason: info
    Wow, why was this guy banned? Damn, this has FINALLY fixed one of my biggest contentions with the stupid WebOs browser. Thank you, OP! You rock!
    So is it confirmed that this still works? Any way to get this packaged up and put into Preware?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast