Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    But at least we do have high-quality consumption apps. I mean, look at Graphite. Have you ever seen a more beautiful and integrated Twitter-app? I've seen a lot of them and Graphite is just a God among them IMHO.
    So we may miss some big media consumption apps, but at least we do have high-quality social media apps.
    This is the area I'm deficient in. I abhor Twitter and loved Facebook until it went nuts. I don't like the social media as much and so I haven't seen that app and you absolutely could be right. I do know that Facebook has released updated tablet apps for IOS and Android but nothing for WebOS in the future for updates. There are some wonderful apps on WebOS but there so many deficient categories too. What I wouldn't give to have "Got Milk?" on both my Touchpad and phone, without having to jump over to CM7 to do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    Media consumption apps are free on Android. I know that's weird where most media consumption apps cost money on WebOS, but the Android devs hook you in with the app, hoping you spend money. 26 of the top 50 apps are regular apps with not one selling media, the rest are games, and not one of them are ad-driven. You are thinking about the free apps for the ad-driven ones and even those usually are just the free version of the paid app to give you a way to try out the apps for awhile, which I wish HP or the Touchpad app devs would do so you can try out apps first.
    Maybe I can't explain it right, or you don't get it.

I'll put a couple of examples:

Twitter: They release their own client because their business model is having users creating content. So they focus where the consumers are, so they get rewarded.

Press: they earn money selling subscriptions, or showing ads. They must a) provide a way to get their subscribers hooked to the product, and continue seeing it as worthwhile b) put their efforts where an ad service will give revenue (on webOS there isn't user base to earn ad based money)
    Newness Developments apps:

Quote Originally Posted by kalel33 View Post
    This is the area I'm deficient in. I abhor Twitter and loved Facebook until it went nuts. I don't like the social media as much and so I haven't seen that app and you absolutely could be right. I do know that Facebook has released updated tablet apps for IOS and Android but nothing for WebOS in the future for updates. There are some wonderful apps on WebOS but there so many deficient categories too. What I wouldn't give to have "Got Milk?" on both my Touchpad and phone, without having to jump over to CM7 to do it.
    What's "Got Milk?"
    Newness Developments apps:

Not a 100% sure but I think 'Got Milk' is 'Remember The Milk', a popular to-do lists app, there is a free Preware app called CowTasks if its the same thing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12