Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1.    #1  
    I find the chime that plays when I select "Mute Sound" in the device menu to be annoying. The point of putting your device in mute is because you DON'T want it to make a sound. So why does it respond with a sound?

    My typical use case it that I am reading in bed beside my wife. She falls asleep. I then remember that my TouchPad is not muted. So my choice is to either mute it at that point, and get the chime sound and potentially wake up my wife, or to hope that no system events happen that trigger a sound.

    The odd thing is that when you select "Unmute Sound", it does NOT play a sound.


    I would like to see a patch that either disables the chime altogether, or at least swaps it so that when you "Unmute", it plays the chime, but when you "Mute", it does not play the chime.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    I find the chime that plays when I select "Mute Sound" in the device menu to be annoying. The point of putting your device in mute is because you DON'T want it to make a sound. So why does it respond with a sound?

    My typical use case it that I am reading in bed beside my wife. She falls asleep. I then remember that my TouchPad is not muted. So my choice is to either mute it at that point, and get the chime sound and potentially wake up my wife, or to hope that no system events happen that trigger a sound.

    The odd thing is that when you select "Unmute Sound", it does NOT play a sound.


    I would like to see a patch that either disables the chime altogether, or at least swaps it so that when you "Unmute", it plays the chime, but when you "Mute", it does not play the chime.
    I think this is a bug that happens after you remove the touchpad from the touchstone. If you reboot after removing the TP from the touchstone, you should get a vibration instead of the sound when you hit mute.

    A temporary fix might be to disable vibration altogether. That worked for me to get rid of the sound.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jakegio View Post
    I think this is a bug that happens after you remove the touchpad from the touchstone. If you reboot after removing the TP from the touchstone, you should get a vibration instead of the sound when you hit mute.

    A temporary fix might be to disable vibration altogether. That worked for me to get rid of the sound.
    i'm sure that you are right with respect to the chime sounding instead of just a vibration. But, my request still stands. When I am putting my TP into mute mode, I want it to be quiet. Even the vibrate is noisy in a silent bedroom!

    I would still like to silence the vibration when going into mute mode.
  4.    #4  
    bump...anyone else bugged by noisy silencing?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    bump...anyone else bugged by noisy silencing?
    I only get a 'vibrate' when selecting mute. (No chime and nothing going the other way) (3.0.5)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I only get a 'vibrate' when selecting mute. (No chime and nothing going the other way) (3.0.5)
    Yes, I only get the vibrate now as well. But I still would rather not even have that. See my use case above.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubuntite View Post
    Yes, I only get the vibrate now as well. But I still would rather not even have that. See my use case above.
    Your wife must be a very light sleeper.

Posting Permissions