1.    #1  
    Personal Finance Calculator by Kandy development is a collection of commonly used finance calculation. It includes calculation features such as auto loan, mortgage, retirement, expense report, shopping discount, tips calculation that are typically used in daily personal finance calculation.

US - Gone

Canada - Gone

Australia - Expired

New Zealand - Expired

I only have them for the four countries above. Once I figure out how to change $ to euro and etc, I will post it for other countries.

Please leave me a review if you like it. You can also contact me via kandydevelopment@gmail.com.

Thanks.
    Last edited by kandydevelopment; 01/02/2012 at 10:13 PM. Reason: Code is all used
    I installed this on my Touchpad, looks nice.
    First promo code I have gotten.

Net worth works. Expense section needs a field for what the items is. Also naming the field optional when you need something in there probably isnt right. The expense report is good.

Pros
    To everyone who is wondering this app is basically every financial calculator that a consumer would use. Nothing more advanced since we are not all finance majors. Great for getting your budget in order and finding out how much something will cost with tax and discounts. The tip calculator is especally handy with it telling you how much 10%, 15%, 20% all in one screen. Also if you dont input a required field an error message will pop up. However the error message is, "Please enter data with exclamation mark next to it". Exclamation mark?

Cons
    Need ability to print out reports. All fields need to be formatted in 4 digit currency. Example $16.50 is displayed as 16.5 just a nit pick.

Once I try out all the calculators I will post a review in the app store.

Thank you for the promo code. I would suggest making a trial version with maybe a couple basic calculators.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for your (Lawmaker123) quick feedback. Your description about the program is so much better. I'm going to use it for the app if you don't mind.

1) Print - I will have to see what I can do for printing the report. I don't have a HP network printer.

2) Decimal Point - I will improve on the code for display format.

3) Exclamation Mark - There should be a small yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it if the data entered is not in the valid format (i.e. negative number or NaN). If it is not there, please let me know what screen you are using, and I will try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kandydevelopment View Post
    Thanks for your (Lawmaker123) quick feedback. Your description about the program is so much better. I'm going to use it for the app if you don't mind.

1) Print - I will have to see what I can do for printing the report. I don't have a HP network printer.
    I don't either but used this method "http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touc...-solution.html" and am able to print to my Brother all-in-one network printer as well as my old HP LaserJet 4.
    One thing that I have noticed...is in the expense section , in order for the app to calculate total income and net after expenses, both the monthly salary and the other income need to have a number in it.. Other than that I'm still playing with the app...

This is a great must have app... Thanks for this and the promo code

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

2) Decimal Point - I will improve on the code for display format.

3) Exclamation Mark - There should be a small yellow triangle with exclamation mark in it if the data entered is not in the valid format (i.e. negative number or NaN). If it is not there, please let me know what screen you are using, and I will try it out.
    I was just to post the print solution.

Never mind on the exclamation point. However in the tips section you have preferred tip and number of people as mandatory fields. Shouldn't be mandatory since the program does not save any of the data. On to my next suggestion of saving data and the ability to set defaults.

Thank you for your compliment I actually do reviews as a second job. I would be willing to write lengthy reviews for promo codes. LoL
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    One thing that I have noticed...is in the expense section , in order for the app to calculate total income and net after expenses, both the monthly salary and the other income need to have a number in it.. Other than that I'm still playing with the app...

Yea that is why I was suggesting some defaults or reconsidering was is a mandatory field.
    I have seen quite a few promo codes when I'm away from my touchpad (like now unfortunately), I should carry it all the time!
    US codes used up

author provided me with updated code. Will play with app for a bit
    Last edited by toaste; 12/04/2011 at 08:48 AM. Reason: update
    don't need 401K in Australia.

In Australia we have 9% compulsory super, and you can then volunteer to add more from your income, which is tax free up to a certain amount :-)

BTW, can you add multiple credit cards? Didn't spot how to do that.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by siobhanellis View Post
    don't need 401K in Australia.

In Australia we have 9% compulsory super, and you can then volunteer to add more from your income, which is tax free up to a certain amount :-)

BTW, can you add multiple credit cards? Didn't spot how to do that.
    I can add the super calculation. I believe it is based on "Ordinary income", and the employer will add 9% to it. I will add a box for additional contribution as well (I have to see what will be the max for tax free).

What do you mean by multiple credit cards? Two credit cards comparison?
    Thanks.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post

Thanks Sketch42. The reason I don't enforce input requirement for income is that if you don't add income, then it will just be the total expense you have for that month. If you put in income, then the program will show you net result.
  14.    #14  
    I will be creating a lite version of it in the catalog. Please check back on this one.

If you like the lite or this apps, please leave me a feedback/review in HP App catalog. Your feedback is appreciated.
    I can add the super calculation. I believe it is based on "Ordinary income", and the employer will add 9% to it. I will add a box for additional contribution as well (I have to see what will be the max for tax free).

What do you mean by multiple credit cards? Two credit cards comparison?
    Thanks.
    I'm thinking about the net worth section. I have multiple credit cards. Or have I misunderstood the use of that?

Yes, you are correct. It's 9% on Ordinary income. About to move to 12% I believe (Not sure on that) so may be a good idea to make that a variable.
    Got one of the promo codes. Thanks.

Now for some feedback..........

Maybe its just me, but the 1st thing that caught my eye was some typo's and/or grammatical errors.

Homepage:

(Actual) "..... is a collection of commonly used financial calculator."

(Should be) "... is a collection of commonly used financial calculatorS"

-----
    (Actual) "Instruction"

(Should be) "InstructionS"

This may sound picky, but little things like this make a difference (to me, atleast).

The calculators work as advertised, but I was hoping that the data from each calc would/could be linked, so that it also worked for budgeting (ie, with X salary, Y Credit Card Debt, and Z in Mortgage, I can afford 123 in Auto payments etc), which right now it cant be used for.
  17.    #17  
    Thanks for the comment. I still cannot get the print to work properly with the flexbox. I will find out if I can use an alternate way. At the mean time, I have posted an update to include the following:
    1) Sending email on some of the screens that may require sharing (then you can print from the email)
    2) Include Super calculation for Australia
    3) Include Bond YTM calculation
    4) Full Screen
    5) Update to display 2 decimal points
    6) Support Euro Sign (€) (I cannot show sign for some reason, and I cannot get to work properly on certain location, I'm using GBP for British for now)
    7) Fix the code for optional for Expenses Report so that the Income is optional
    8) Include more fields for Expenses Report for Credit Cards

Also, posted a free version of the savings calculator that provide calculation on 1) target savings, 2) savings period, 3) periodic savings.