Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I just submitted an app, Clear Weather. This app was originally created by Scott Bradford and released under the name "No-Nonsense Weather." After he removed it from the app catalog, I updated it to run full-screen on the Touchpad and Pre3 and resubmitted it with his permission as Clear Weather.

Features:
    Weather at your current location (based on GPS) or you can enter a zip code
    Five-day forecast with thumbnails and description for day and night
    Warnings and alerts
    Simple weather radar view, either current or animated
    All weather info comes directly from the National Weather Service
    No ads of any kind

Weather information is available only for US locations.

Screen shots and source code at Madreporite Nexus - WebOS

great, thanks
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Is it possible to add icon support, where the icon display the current temperature. Thanks
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Is it possible to add icon support, where the icon display the current temperature. Thanks
    I'd have to learn how to program and not just hack...

I imagine it would require running a service in the background to update every 30 minutes or so, generate an updated icon, and then update the icon in Luna. An easier task would be to update the icon with the same icons displayed in the program. If someone feels like pointing me at code or documentation for either thing I will consider it.
    Is it possible to add the current weather conditions? I know that data is available from the NOAA site (weather.gov) & it seems like that is where you are getting data from.

Here's a link to a page at mobile.weather.gov......
    http://mobile.weather.gov/port_mp_ns...arnzone=NJZ020
    Notice the current local weather on the 6th line
    Last edited by prolongexistence; 12/07/2011 at 05:25 AM.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    That should be possible. I will look into it.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I've implemented current weather. Currently I've got temperature, humidity, wind speed, and the text summary. In principle could also add wind gust speed, wind direction, visibility, barometric pressure, dew point. Thoughts and preferences?

I think I'm also going to extend it to a 7-day forecast. Even though weather prediction is not so hot 6 and 7 days out, it's sometimes still better than nothing.

I am trying to see if I can get Exhibition working before submitting the update. It's easy to get it to show up in exhibition mode, the issues are getting it to close properly (exhibition does not close apps when it goes away, and then you can't restart the app outside of exhibition) and automatically refresh at intervals.
    That's good to hear!

As far as wind gust speed, wind direction, visibility, barometric pressure, dew point... I'm not to sure how many people really need or even understand most of these things, unless they are a weather geek, sailor or pilot. Maybe visibility, as it could affect driving conditions.

Exhibition mode means nothing to me since I am still crawling along on a Pre- but I'm looking forward to the update.

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    That's good to hear!

As far as wind gust speed, wind direction, visibility, barometric pressure, dew point... I'm not to sure how many people really need or even understand most of these things, unless they are a weather geek, sailor or pilot. Maybe visibility, as it could affect driving conditions.

Exhibition mode means nothing to me since I am still crawling along on a Pre- but I'm looking forward to the update.
    The more features the better. All them things are needed by me since its hunting season and my friend is a pilot so knowing all of that type of stuff is important when you want a free chopper ride lol so I vote to keep all them features.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    I think I know what needs to be done for exhibition, but I think it will take some time and trial and error... So I went ahead and submitted the update with current weather conditions, should be up soon.

I extended it to 6 days. It turns out that sometimes, for some locations, there is not a full 7 days of data. And that was preventing it from displaying the forecast at all.
    Just thought I would let you know that your latest update that includes current weather doesn't work properly as it said the current temperature and humidity in Phoenix, Az was 0.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    Just thought I would let you know that your latest update that includes current weather doesn't work properly as it said the current temperature and humidity in Phoenix, Az was 0.
    Looks fine to me. Perhaps a transient problem with the NWS site? If you still have this problem, let me know what zip code you are in. I tried a couple Phoenix zip codes and didn't see this issue.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FishenFool View Post
    I have the same issue for Santa Clarita, CA.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Lifedrive --> Palm Centro --> Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I have download both application for my Palm Pre and play around on both weather app: AccuWeather and The Weather Channel. I find it both con and pro for both. I like and I wish it had what other has one.
    Global Posts
    564 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delacro View Post
    I have the same issue for Santa Clarita, CA.
    Ok, the good news is I can replicate this for zip code 91390, and now I see what the problem is.

The bad news is that the problem is that the XML page (that the app gets all the data from) has no current conditions data! It's all 0 or blank. So the app is reading the source correctly, there's just nothing there. I will do some more looking into it and see if I can figure out a workaround. The main NWS page seems to solve this by pulling partial current conditions from a nearby location, maybe I can figure out a way to do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdale View Post
    Ok, the good news is I can replicate this for zip code 91390, and now I see what the problem is.

The bad news is that the problem is that the XML page (that the app gets all the data from) has no current conditions data! It's all 0 or blank. So the app is reading the source correctly, there's just nothing there. I will do some more looking into it and see if I can figure out a workaround. The main NWS page seems to solve this by pulling partial current conditions from a nearby location, maybe I can figure out a way to do the same.
    Mine is for ZipCode 85029. Clear Weather says Location is - Latitude: 33.5862 and Longitude: -112.1478.
    FishenFool, Fishn' is Bettr'n Workn'

No nonsense weather was always spot-on for me. I replaced my pre+ with a pre2 and that program didn't make it to the new phone and I was sad. I've been sad for months and decided to try my luck searching and found Clear Weather, which is once again spot-on when the weather channel & accuweather are rarely right. Thanks for keeping it alive!