Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By expectingtofly
  1.    #1  
    Hello peeps. I have been trying out Windows Phone 7 for a few weeks, and have to say I am impressed. However, nothing blows me away or feels as much like home as my Pre 3. One app in particular has caught my eye on WP7 though. It's a SiriusXM radio application called SiriusXM Buddy. The nice thing, from what I can gather, is it doesn't require you to upgrade to the Premium Online Listening that Sirius requires another $9 a month for. I think it just scrapes the standard online player for the cache of the station. This is pretty slick and should be totally capable to be pulled of in webOS. Unfortunately, I am not a developer and need the input of the community on whether this is possible and if anyone is willing to take it on? Here's a link to the application. SiriusXM Buddy for windows phone 7 ashterisk(*)
    Quote Originally Posted by aia832003 View Post
    Hello peeps. I have been trying out Windows Phone 7 for a few weeks, and have to say I am impressed. However, nothing blows me away or feels as much like home as my Pre 3. One app in particular has caught my eye on WP7 though. It's a SiriusXM radio application called SiriusXM Buddy. The nice thing, from what I can gather, is it doesn't require you to upgrade to the Premium Online Listening that Sirius requires another $9 a month for. I think it just scrapes the standard online player for the cache of the station. This is pretty slick and should be totally capable to be pulled of in webOS. Unfortunately, I am not a developer and need the input of the community on whether this is possible and if anyone is willing to take it on? Here's a link to the application. SiriusXM Buddy for windows phone 7 ashterisk(*)
    Sirius stream in WMA format which webOS doesn't support natively.

However, my app Reciva is WMA capable. Also the Reciva service that the app uses supports Sirius. However, I would need to get Sirius's agreement to ask Reciva to switch it on for my app. (I've tested Sirius in the test set up on my app and it and it works well, with song and artist metadata displayed etc). Which would require me to give Sirius test devices to approve etc. Not many people are buying my app, despite it being a 5 star app, so it is probably not worth the investment for me. Unless anyone can persuade me otherwise ? Is Sirius a popular service in the USA? (I'm from the UK)
  3.    #3  
    I'll have to check out your app. I think Sirius is very popular here in the US. Do you get the test devices back? I have a Pre 2 I could give up for awhile if we could make this happen.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
    Quote Originally Posted by aia832003 View Post
    I'll have to check out your app. I think Sirius is very popular here in the US. Do you get the test devices back? I have a Pre 2 I could give up for awhile if we could make this happen.

Ok, I've got another release of the app coming up. (that adds one touch recording to mp3 files of live radio ) . Once that's out of the way, I'll contact Sirius to see if we can get it approved for the app, and what's involved, and we'll see if it's viable for little old webOS !
  5.    #5  
    Sounds great. Let me know if I can help. I would really like this support for webOS.

I would support this app as well. does it currently work with Sirius/cm streaming? I have an online account and would love to try it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    ----------------------------------------
    "The Dark Side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be, unnatural"
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnoman666 View Post
    I would support this app as well. does it currently work with Sirius/cm streaming? I have an online account and would love to try it.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    No, unfortunately not. The app supports it, but the feature is not enabled. When it is enabled, you can enter your sirius account credentials in the app and then all the sirius stations are accessible from the menus. For it to be enabled, Sirius will need to have approved it for the specific app, and Reciva will need to turn the feature on server side.

Obviously, the app supports 20,000 other stations plus on demand content plus 3rd party streaming services, so feel free to try the app anyway
  8.    #8  
    Just bought your app Expectingtofly. Well done. Looking forward to the possibility of SiriusXM.

9.    #9  
    @Expectingtofly, any new developments on the Sirius angle? I would love to pull my Pre 3 out of the drawer for a few weeks and test this out.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk