1.    #1  
    Hello all,

First time poster here, hopefully this is in the correct forum.

We recently received our wedding photos, inclduing an .exe file which runs a slideshow.
    Is it possible to launch the executable on the touchapd at all? The exe was created using one of the photodex products and launches fine without having anything special installed on a Windows PC that I can think of.....

This would be the easiest way to show folks wthout needing to play the DVD or carry a laptop around for us.

Thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    250 Global Posts
    I'm sorry, you can't run windows executables on the touchpad. You should be able to view the photos, though.
    My apps:
    Giddy 3 | Gridword
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeron View Post
    I'm sorry, you can't run windows executables on the touchpad. You should be able to view the photos, though.
    Thanks, appreciated.

We were given the images seperately so that's ok there.
    Not only you can't run an .exe file, in order to view a Photodex slide show your device will need to download a driver and Photodex doesn't make drivers for WebOS.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Hello all,

First time poster here, hopefully this is in the correct forum.

We recently received our wedding photos, inclduing an .exe file which runs a slideshow.
    Is it possible to launch the executable on the touchapd at all? The exe was created using one of the photodex products and launches fine without having anything special installed on a Windows PC that I can think of.....

This would be the easiest way to show folks wthout needing to play the DVD or carry a laptop around for us.

Thanks in advance.
    May I suggest the built-in webOS Photos and Videos app. It has a slideshow mode. There really aren't any transition effects, but it will get the job done. If you want background music, run the Music app, Pandora or another audio app in another card.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Dan Donovan
    My app, Slideshow Presentation HD, can make a stunning slideshow out of your pictures.
    You can add music and captions to the photos, and there are a ton of transitions to choose from.

Check out the link in my signature.
    My Apps:
    Apps By Chris
    Slideshow Presentation HD - A hugely customizable Touchpad Audio/Picture Slideshow Creator
    Two Outta Three! - A coin flip game
    Chore Tracker Pro - A chore organizing app
    Peek-A-Dash - A tumblr dashboard client that runs in a multitasking system popup

Donate link to support my work
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thricetwice View Post
    My app, Slideshow Presentation HD, can make a stunning slideshow out of your pictures.
    You can add music and captions to the photos, and there are a ton of transitions to choose from.

Check out the link in my signature.
    Thank you, will look into this when I get time.

In the meantime... The DVD I was given that contained the slideshow exe also had the DVD files on so I've converted them to MP4 so I've now got the slideshow as the photographer prepared it, but in that format.

Thanks again.