1.    #1  
    In great need of a fully functional box.net application on the Pre3. I am happy to donate, test, etc. Heck, if we could just get an update to make the Pre/Veer box application functional on the Pre 3, that would be great.

Any takers?
    In or within a day's drive of Indy? Join one of our meetups!
    http://www.meetup.com/HPwebOS/Indianapolis/

Twitter: @INDYwebOSMeetup @steffej3
    Have you tried the box.net mobile site yet? I assume you have but I think it works fine.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Have you tried the box.net mobile site yet? I assume you have but I think it works fine.

I'd also love to see a box.net client for Pre3. The mobile site "works" for accessing files that are already there, but there is no integration with the Pre3's existing files. For example I am unable to upload files to my account. I can send them via email to box but that is kind of clunky.
    Last edited by bulliedog; 11/23/2011 at 09:28 AM. Reason: spelling
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post

The site works well, but it is limited, at least from what I could tell. Primarily I want the quick ability to transfer files for sharing from my multiple webOS devices. If I download Amazon MP3s on my Pre3, I want to be able to upload them for later download on my TouchPad, Veer, or Pre. I don't want to mess with cords & the PC. Make sense?

Basically, if I click download, it just sends it to the music streaming app. I haven't tried the patch to direct download links yet, I may give that a go & see how it works out.

Is there another solution already out there that would accomplish this more efficiently (not involving a PC)? I really like being able to take advantage of the storage space box.net offers. The previous apps that worked on the other devices worked well for this.

5.    #5  
    Bummer. I just looked & it doesn't look like that patch is available for the Pre 3. Guess I won't be trying that.

Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Is the mobile version m.box.net or mobile.box.net or other?

I only got the full none working version when i tried from my pre3
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
    Is the mobile version m.box.net or mobile.box.net or other?

I only got the full none working version when i tried from my pre3
    It takes me to m.box.com....again, I'm limited to streaming files, the download option doesn't work for anything else.

*Important note...it is .com/not .net on the mobile site.

I have Boxalicious(free) on my pre3 and it works?

EDIT:' wrong. It doesn't work. Sorry.
    Last edited by somline; 11/23/2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by somline View Post
    I have Boxalicious(free) on my pre3 and it works?
    I couldnt get it to work is there some sort of trick?
    Running WebOS v2.24 on HPalm Pre3
    Damn somline think before you post!!
    Sorry I forgot it's not working.
    I just tried boxalicious free and it worked. Uploaded a file to box net and played downloaded on my tp.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by baldric View Post
    I just tried boxalicious free and it worked. Uploaded a file to box net and played downloaded on my tp.

With your Pre3? Boxalicious runs on my Pre3 but I can't get past the initial screen.
    With your Pre3? Boxalicious runs on my Pre3 but I can't get past the initial screen.
    I remember having that problem and I can't remember how I got around it.
    I'll try on my other pre3 when I get home and see if I work out the procedure to get it going.

Stay tuned....

Baldric

No luck. Spent 45mins on my UK pre3 and couldn't do it. My Verizon pre3 has it working but I don't know how.
    Sorry,
    Baldric

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Works on my Verizon Pre3 without jumping through any hoops ... but put "works" in quotes because Boxalicious doesn't allow upload of any file you want. It has to be a picture, video, or music file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zahid View Post
    Works on my Verizon Pre3 without jumping through any hoops ... but put "works" in quotes because Boxalicious doesn't allow upload of any file you want. It has to be a picture, video, or music file.
    For those of you who are able to get it to work, what version of webOS are you running?

I have: 2.2.3 and it doesn't work.
    Webos 2.2.3 build 1218 vzw

Baldric

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I posted a patch for the Boxalicious app to work on the Pre3 in the other tread;
    Boxalicious app

HaPe