Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jason Robitaille
  • 2 Post By ariker01
  1.    #1  
    Does any one know of any Apps that can allow switching between Apps in WebOS without pressing the central key/Button ? Something like a bar that could have "return/back" icon or "close" icon or even "Home" icon, like in Android you have it all in the tablet and just pressing the littel house icon takes you to the home screen and closes that application.
    It is killing me to have to press the central button every time I need to close an app in my HP Touchpad, I need an icon that I can tab on the screen to close the app or go to back or go to main screen.

Thanks for the help
    If you have gestures enabled in the setting, you can just swipe up to go to card view
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
    stri8ed likes this.
    I wish the TP had the wave bar and full swipe advanced gesturing like the pres.
    T-Pad and retroblu like this.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    If you have gestures enabled in the setting, you can just swipe up to go to card view
    Thanks Jason, I'm new to this and I heard people talking about geusters all the time but I don't know where to get it, is it part of WebOS or is it an App that I need to install , I would appreciate your step by step help. Thanks
    run an app, then put your finger on the actual plastic at the bottom not touching the screen, then swipe up from the bottom of the plastic and into the screen a little or a lot (doesnt matter), this should "card/minimise" your app, if you do this again with an app carded the launcher will appear (no physical buttons required at all for normal webOS usage).

with the apps carded you can just swipe the cards left/right then press into the centered one to maximise/focus it.

if when an app is carded you press and HOLD for a while on the carded app, the launcher bar and just type will vanish, the carded app will turn semi-transparant and the app can be freely dragged all around, from here you can re-arrange the card order or even stack the apps together.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Robitaille View Post
    Jason, thank you I have found the instruction on how to enable gestures in my Webos. I will try it. Thanks again for your help.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    run an app, then put your finger on the actual plastic at the bottom not touching the screen, then swipe up from the bottom of the plastic and into the screen a little or a lot (doesnt matter), this should "card/minimise" your app, if you do this again with an app carded the launcher will appear.

with the apps carded you can just swipe the cards left/right then press into the centered one to maximise/focus it.

if when an app is carded you press and HOLD on the carded app for a while on the carded app, the launcher and just type will vanish, the carded app will turn semi-transparant and the app can be freely dragged all around, from here you can re-arrange the card order or even stack the apps together.
    Thanks geekpeter.